• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: WMDC wont install on Vista Home PremiumThis is a featured thread

abji13

abji13
WMDC wont install on Vista Home Premium
Dec 30 2008, 4:51 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 30 2008, 4:51 PM EST
Hi everyone, I just bought an HTC Fuze and for some reason, it wont let me install WMDC. Everytime i try to instal it, the installer runs for a little while, the progress bar fills up a bit, then it tells me the instalation failed.

Also, whenever i connect my HTC Fuze to my computer, vista says it needs to install drivers for my Generic Serial. Then when i hit Locate and Install, nothing happens and in the task bar it says drivers ready to use and installed.

How do i get WMDC to install and Fuze to connect to my computer properly?
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Fuze Vista
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: WMDC wont install on Vista Home Premium
Dec 30 2008, 5:04 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 30 2008, 5:04 PM EST
"Hi everyone, I just bought an HTC Fuze and for some reason, it wont let me install WMDC. Everytime i try to instal it, the installer runs for a little while, the progress bar fills up a bit, then it tells me the instalation failed.

Also, whenever i connect my HTC Fuze to my computer, vista says it needs to install drivers for my Generic Serial. Then when i hit Locate and Install, nothing happens and in the task bar it says drivers ready to use and installed.

How do i get WMDC to install and Fuze to connect to my computer properly?"
WMDC isn’t related to your Fuze so, if the copy that is on the disk isn’t working, go get the version that is on the Microsoft website (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/device-center.mspx) and see how that one works out for you.
The drivers for your device get installed after you get WMDC working.
abji13

abji13
2. RE: WMDC wont install on Vista Home Premium
Dec 30 2008, 6:07 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 30 2008, 6:07 PM EST
i actually tried that, when it starts to install it shows up as Windows Mobile Device Center Update and when its finished installing, it just dissapears and nothing happens.
browntannis
browntannis
3. RE: WMDC wont install on Vista Home Premium
Dec 30 2008, 7:19 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 30 2008, 7:19 PM EST
"i actually tried that, when it starts to install it shows up as Windows Mobile Device Center Update and when its finished installing, it just dissapears and nothing happens."
After the installation says that it is complete, can you go to Start>All Programs on your PC to see if WMDC shows there?
If it isnt, unfortunately, you will have to have someone look at your PC to find out why it wont install.
abji13

abji13
4. RE: WMDC wont install on Vista Home Premium
Dec 30 2008, 7:23 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 30 2008, 7:23 PM EST
I installed the Mobile Device Handbook fine but i dont see the program there. I guess ill have to get someone to look into it then. Thanks for your help

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)