• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Text messaging "message sent successfully" notificationThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
Text messaging "message sent successfully" notification
Oct 14 2008, 1:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2008, 1:02 PM EDT
Every time I send a text, a notification pops up that it was sent successfully, and it buzzes loudly. I have tried everything to turn it off, so annoying! The sound is much louder than, for example, receiving a text, and the notification takes up the whole screen almost.

Has anyone been able to disable it? Or, at least, make it quieter?
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Text messaging "message sent successfully" notification
Oct 14 2008, 4:01 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2008, 4:01 PM EDT
"Every time I send a text, a notification pops up that it was sent successfully, and it buzzes loudly. I have tried everything to turn it off, so annoying! The sound is much louder than, for example, receiving a text, and the notification takes up the whole screen almost.

Has anyone been able to disable it? Or, at least, make it quieter?"
Please do a search before posting; this topic has been covered many rimes. Here is 1 post to get you started: http://htcwiki.com/page/Disable+Message+Sent+Notification
1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: Text messaging "message sent successfully" notification
Nov 24 2008, 11:12 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2008, 11:12 PM EST
first thing. turn off all your reminders in your "sounds" found in your settings. other than your ring tone of course. than go to option E. more.....twice, until you get to phone settings. which is letter C. Than chose alerts. Turn all them off. There will be service tone, minute beep, call drop etc. I just got my Q two weeks ago and that same noise was driving me nuts and this worked for me.
-Julia
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)