• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: redialing last call on its ownThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
redialing last call on its own
Jul 31 2008, 4:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 31 2008, 4:45 PM EDT
My HTC Touch (CDMA network) on Telus has been working fine until recently. My phone will now redial the last number I've called about 10-20 times on its own. It won't stop even when I try to cancel the call (by pressing the end call button) until I do a hard shutdown. When I turn it back on, it has a very slow startup. Does anyone know if it is an issue with my screen or software? Now, I'm afraid of turning on my phone in case it might freak out (it's happened a couple of times). Any suggestions?
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: cdma htc touch redial telus
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: redialing last call on its own
Aug 1 2008, 3:27 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 1 2008, 3:27 PM EDT
"My HTC Touch (CDMA network) on Telus has been working fine until recently. My phone will now redial the last number I've called about 10-20 times on its own. It won't stop even when I try to cancel the call (by pressing the end call button) until I do a hard shutdown. When I turn it back on, it has a very slow startup. Does anyone know if it is an issue with my screen or software? Now, I'm afraid of turning on my phone in case it might freak out (it's happened a couple of times). Any suggestions?"
Sounds like software...try a soft and then a hard reset (the Hard reset wipes your device and reloads the original ROM and components).
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: redialing last call on its own
Dec 16 2008, 2:40 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 16 2008, 2:40 AM EST
That strange behaviour could be caused by two things:
1. ExtUSB adapter 3in1 connected and sometimes it just redial last number - solution buy HTC original adapter
2. S2U2 soft - deinstall S2U2 and check if that helps
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
3. RE: redialing last call on its own
Jan 1 2009, 7:21 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2009, 7:21 AM EST
Had the same problem today, and was using the ExtUSB adapter 3 in 1 for the 2nd time, hope this is the answer. Though I now have to find a new way to get my mp3's to play through the Aux in my car.
Thanks for posting your reply.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)