• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Sounds and Notifications bug?This is a featured thread

Anonymous
Sounds and Notifications bug?
Jul 21 2008, 8:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 21 2008, 8:12 AM EDT
Hi,

Since the most recent time my Cruise came back for repair (its been back twice already) I've had a new problem with it. Each time it went away it came back with updated firmware, so I wonder if this is a new bug...

When I'm in the office I use the "Today" screen to switch the phone over to silent. When I head out for lunch and at the end of the day I switch it back to normal. After this the phone doesn't seem to re-enable the messaging tones. There is no notification at all (visual or sound) for SMS/MMS/E-mail.

Doing the switch from normal to silent and then back again in a short space of time works normally, the sounds are enabled. It seems to be when the phone is left for a while that the SMS/MMS sounds don't re-enable.

Has anyone else seen this?
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: htc cruise
Confuzed

Confuzed
1. RE: Sounds and Notifications bug?
Jul 29 2008, 10:24 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 29 2008, 10:24 AM EDT
I have the answer to my own problem. I have Opera 9.5 BETA installed and it seems that disabling notifications was an issue on the first BETA release. If anyone else has this problem, upgrade your Opera 9.5 BETA install.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)