• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC Touch Cruise Modem linkThis is a featured thread

Showing 4 posts

Posted Anonymously
HTC Touch Cruise Modem link
May 11 2008, 5:26 PM EDT | Post edited: May 11 2008, 5:26 PM EDT
In the Program directory I don't find the Modem Link application. any help ? thanks 5  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: htc cruise
Rainman76
Rainman76
1. RE: HTC Touch Cruise Modem link
May 11 2008, 10:44 PM EDT | Post edited: May 11 2008, 10:44 PM EDT
"In the Program directory I don't find the Modem Link application. any help ? thanks"
Actually, you'll want to use Internet Sharing, which is better. If it is not in your Programs, do the folllowing:

1. Open File Explorer
2. Navigate to My Device\Windows
3. Scroll down to Internet Sharing and copy the file.
4. Navigate to My Device\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
5. Paste the file here.

Now it will show up under your Programs directory. It is pretty self explanatory and works extremely well when tethering to your laptop.
9  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: HTC Touch Cruise Modem link
Nov 4 2008, 8:19 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2008, 8:19 PM EST
Wow that works great, I use it on my AT&T Tilt, much better then the modem connection

Thanks a lot
Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
3. HTC Diamond
Nov 25 2008, 4:38 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2008, 4:38 AM EST
I would actually like the modem link application, which doesn't appear in my HTC Diamond. I need my laptop to recognise the HTC as a modem, so I can configure it in another different program that must make modem to modem calls. Any clues? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)