• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: S621 takes forever to boot

Keyword tags: European S621 Upgrade Winows Mobile 6.0
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
S621 takes forever to boot
Apr 12 2008, 10:13 AM EDT
This problem cropped up shortly after I received an error message telling me that my phone was low on storage space and that I needed to delete some files to make room. I couldn't find anything that needed to be deleted, so I tried the simple expedient of rebooting. Unfortunately, it gets stuck on the Windows Mobile splash screen.

Phone is a European S621, sold unlocked, and upgraded to WM6. It's being used in the US on the AT&T network.
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: S621 takes forever to boot
Apr 14 2008, 2:41 PM EDT
"This problem cropped up shortly after I received an error message telling me that my phone was low on storage space and that I needed to delete some files to make room. I couldn't find anything that needed to be deleted, so I tried the simple expedient of rebooting. Unfortunately, it gets stuck on the Windows Mobile splash screen.

Phone is a European S621, sold unlocked, and upgraded to WM6. It's being used in the US on the AT&T network."
Try removing the battery while the device is still powered on (this is a reset of sorts but wont delete your info). If you can get it to come back on, you will need to free up some memory for the device to function properly, consider getting a storage card. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors