• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: att 8525 windows media player issue

Keyword tags: 8525 att Herems Upgrade wm6
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
att 8525 windows media player issue
Nov 13 2007, 5:32 AM EST
my 8525 does not recognize my micro sd card and when i update library it will find songs but not update library. i changed micro sd card and loaded songs via my 3125 worked great and even got it to upload on 8525 then same thing happened with both phones, inability to upload library. although i can see songs in file explorer and the phones will recognize pictures on card but not in windows media player. help 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: att 8525 windows media player issue
Nov 13 2007, 3:05 PM EST
I accessed my card through the computer and deleted all non-music containing folders.This did the trick....something to do with licensing. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Yanqui
Yanqui
Nov 23 2007, 9:15 PM EST
HTC had me erase the metadata file on the card and it worked. Have had to do it again a couple of times and it always clears it up 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 10 2007, 7:40 PM EST
Do you have any suggestions for media player issues in Windows mobile 6? In this case, i attempt to update my library, it finds the songs, but it does not update. It freezes. In this case there's no METADATA file on the storage card. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 27 2007, 9:07 PM EST
delete the msmetadata FOLDER... the file is probably hidden... i just did this and it worked perfect 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 30 2007, 7:19 PM EST
On the Phone go to start>settings>file explorer
Once there click on the drop down at the top and go to storage card
Once in the storage card hit the menu button on the bottom right and select show all files
This will show you the msmetadata folder
Highlight this folder and select delete
The library works great after this

Now you will not have to be so techy to figure this out
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 8 2008, 6:50 PM EST
yes it worked immediately. i simply deleted msnetadat file from my storage file and worked fine. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 9 2008, 12:23 PM EST
i looked up how to set songs in windows media player and fooled the instructions but i keep getting an error saying that the file is not good or being used. How do i use my songs on storage card as ringtones? Do you find this valuable?    
adrefs
adrefs
Jan 19 2008, 1:18 PM EST
"yes it worked immediately. i simply deleted msnetadat file from my storage file and worked fine."
I too did this very same procedure, and it did work...once. But now I am having to do it almost every time I want to play some music and it just ticks me off! I'm running through an airport and I have to delete that stupid file, shut down, reboot, update library and THEN I get to listen to some music...piece of *&%&**#!! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
adrefs
adrefs
Jan 19 2008, 7:38 PM EST
Actually, now this darn thing won't even upload from my media card after following this procedure, ever. This issue, combined with the fact that the screen on the 8525 is is illegible in the sun (which is inexcusable) are the reasons I'll be getting rid of this waste of money very soon! It sure is pretty, but not very useful! It's a MOBILE phone for gosh sakes! I have a PC that looks great indoors and what I need is a mobile device that provides functionality OUTSIDE where ther sun shines!! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Wiki pages
Top Contributors