• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: ROM upgrade targeted for November download

Keyword tags: Mogul ROM Software update upgrade
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
ROM upgrade targeted for November download
Nov 21 2007, 10:07 AM EST
On the HTC downloads site there is confirmation from HTC that the ROM update will be available by the end of November. So despite the genious claim that the Sprint VP announced it will be 2008...apparently that dude could do some fact checking of his/her own...maybe the ill advised forum post was in reference to the Rev A / GPS ROM update...which is completely seperate and has been slated for 2008 for quite sometime now.

Here's the post directly from HTC's download site:

Sprint and HTC regret any inconvenience customers have recently experienced with the Mogul. HTC is working on a new version of the software ROM for the Mogul which incorporates enhancements for Bluetooth performance and corrects issues that were unintentionally created by ROM version 2.16.651.0 (posted on HTC’s website on October 24). Both Sprint and HTC have begun testing the new software and are targeting to make it available for download by the end of November. Once fully tested the download will be made available on this webpage. Please bookmark this page for easy reference.

As a short-term solution, customers who downloaded the ROM version 2.16 should download the previous ROM version 2.09.651.3 posted as the Download below. This will restore previous functionality to the device until a new version is complete.

Additionally, HTC is currently developing a separate ROM update which enables the EV-DO Rev. A and GPS capabilities that are already built into the Mogul hardware. Sprint and HTC plan to make this software ROM available in early 1Q 2008. We would also like to extend our thanks to those customers that have taken the time to identify and report these issues to us.

I would say that about sums up all those whiners about a 2008 ROM upgrade being "unacceptable"...seriously that's something you would say to a 3 year old when they hit their little brother, understand instant gratification doesn't just happen by a post on a forum.
3  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: ROM upgrade targeted for November download
Nov 26 2007, 11:27 AM EST
YEAH - in your face all you whiners bitching just because you paid $500 for a phone that doesn't work as well as the free phones you get by signing up for a contract. Shame on you for complaining that you phone doesn't work. Hey it's only taking them 6 months or more to get it working to a tolerable level - what a bunch of babies you are! 1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 26 2007, 11:30 AM EST
I'm glad this person understands the real world - you should never accept anything you buy to work right - that is an unreasonable expectation. And if you tires blow out at highways speeds - that is what you get for putting them under such extreme conditions. If you laptop burns down your house and all your valuable possessions - that is what you get for plugging it in - you should have expected it to be defective and only charged it in an asbestos lined box. FU all you panty wastes who bitch just because your expensive phone doesn't work right - do you have any idea how much you might inconvenience an HTC employee when you call in to complain - have a little consideration! 2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 26 2007, 12:21 PM EST
How is that November patch working for you? I find it a little empty. 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 27 2007, 2:31 AM EST
"YEAH - in your face all you whiners bitching just because you paid $500 for a phone that doesn't work as well as the free phones you get by signing up for a contract. Shame on you for complaining that you phone doesn't work. Hey it's only taking them 6 months or more to get it working to a tolerable level - what a bunch of babies you are!"
Go Fuck yourself! 3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 27 2007, 7:26 PM EST
"Go Fuck yourself!"
Not that I approve of the language used to express your thoughts, I'm on the same bus. You buy a Kia and you hope it runs, you buy a Lexus, you expect power, performance, and functionality. This is where the free phone vs the $500 comes in. If we wanted a simple phone, we'd have taken the free one and not spent our money on a luxury device. The free phones don't push email or keep you in constant contact with your business/job. Everyone complaining about the phone has a right since both companies are blaming each other. I sent an email to HTC, they said it's on Sprint, and the other way around. It comes down to the phone should have been tested and retested prior to the release. EVERY aspect of the phone, not just a 10 second check of functionality. While I'm sure that neither company wants the bad press, they've caused it and they are working on trying to fix it, but it's taking a really, really, really LONG TIME! Why didn't most of us return it within the 30 days you ask? Because we received promises of fixes and other wonderful things that were supposed to have taken place months ago. Is it our fault for believing those promises? Yes. Either way, we deserve the fully functioning device that we paid for regardless of what your thoughts are. Why are you even posting if it's going to be negative toward the customers? You wouldn't be here if your phone was working correctly now would you? 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 14 2008, 5:35 PM EST
I filed a complaint with the WA State AGO regarding non-functioning advertised features. They sent me a response that they got from Sprint. I basically said, "tell the complaint issuer to fuck off, and we are releasing the Rev.A and GPS ROM on January 28th."

If it weren't for the fact that I have a SERO plan, I would bail on Sprint with a quickness.
2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 21 2008, 4:30 PM EST
How about a scan of the actual response? Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors