• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: 8525 Hotmail on WIndows Mobile 6This is a featured thread

larrydchurch
larrydchurch
8525 Hotmail on WIndows Mobile 6
Mar 27 2008, 9:38 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 27 2008, 9:38 PM EDT
I recently upgrated my Cingular/att 8525 from Windows Mobile 5 to Windows Mobile 6.
I had Pocket MSN on WM5 and there was a nice icon to get my hotmail email and
even upload and download attachments. Now, on wm6, it looks like Pocket MSN is not
available, instead there is mobile.live.com, but I have to go to Internet Explorer and type
in the url which brings up a menu where I can select Hotmail. It's not as nice as
Pocket MSN in my opinion. Also, if I just checked Yahoo mail and then try to go to Hotmail,
nothing comes up on Hotmail...I have to reset the phone to get it to come in. That was also
the case in wm5, that's why I'd always check my hotmail first, then yahoo mail.

Anyone know of a neat way to be able to select from my two mail providers from the
wm6 desktop, without having to go through Internet Explorer? It doesn't look like I
can to that from Outlook from what I see? Thanks for any ideas you have. Larry
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
kellyeball

kellyeball
1. RE: 8525 Hotmail on WIndows Mobile 6
Feb 17 2009, 9:05 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 17 2009, 9:05 PM EST
I was wondering if you still had the offical 6.0 upgrade file on your computer? I was recently given the 8525 from a co-worker and according to HTC tech support the upgrade liscens from MicroSoft for the upgrade expired in Feb of 08 and was refered to this web site to try to contact other users with my phone and the upgrade. Can you help?
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)