• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: BackliteThis is a featured thread

Showing 4 posts

Posted Anonymously
Backlite
Dec 9 2007, 2:45 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 9 2007, 2:45 PM EST
i can not get my back lite to come screen is always dark Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Backlite
Dec 10 2007, 11:03 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 10 2007, 11:03 AM EST
"i can not get my back lite to come screen is always dark"
Have you checked your backlight settings (Start>Settings>Backlight)?
Does it ever light up (for an incoming call, email, SMS, etc.)?
Have soft reset your device (insert the stylus in the reset hole on the device)?
Did you install any programs on the device that coincide with the backlight ceasing to work?
Do you find this valuable?    

gtomes
2. RE: Backlite
May 5 2009, 1:21 AM EDT | Post edited: May 5 2009, 1:21 AM EDT
Hi, I have a similar issue but probably a different cause. My phone went for a dip by hiding in my pocket while off sailing on a hobby Cat. The ingress caused the phone to stop. However good news the Dog has nearly recovered from the Cat experience all except the LCD Screen Backlight and the need of a new battery.

Can anyone tell me where to get and how to replace the Backlight in my HTC Hermes, MDA Vario II, Dopod 838pro...

Not alot of help but alot of sympathy.

GT
Purplicity
Purplicity
3. RE: Backlite
May 5 2009, 3:57 PM EDT | Post edited: May 5 2009, 3:57 PM EDT
"i can not get my back lite to come screen is always dark"
maybe you have an activated light sensor..
try to go to start>Sett>system>Backlight(or Power>Backlight tab) then uncheck "automatically adjust backlight" option
and I'm with Browntannis that you might have an application that is blocking the light

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)