• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: phm registry editor

Keyword tags: help instructions smartphones
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
phm registry editor
Mar 10 2008, 4:41 PM EDT
I am having a tough time with this. I know how to install programs on my att tilt I even downloaded the phm registry editor and it installs correctly then I cannot run it. I just do not know how to get to the registry editor. I am also using the activ sync but I just cannot get into the registry. Can anyone help. Do you find this valuable?    
qurbi

qurbi
RE: phm registry editor
Mar 15 2008, 1:36 AM EDT
I wanted to edit my registry, and I faced the same issue with phm. So I download "IBE_Registry_Editor_Smartphone". It's a trial version, for 3 days, but that was suffice to do my work. Try it out (Hope you are conversant with the Registry, else you'll screw up the mobile). 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 15 2008, 9:41 AM EDT
Are you installing the correct version of the PHM Registry Editor? You need this one:

http://www.phm.lu/downloads/download.aspx?{940B734A-C437-41C7-ADED-2A4418802FD3}
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 15 2008, 2:45 PM EDT
I am using the correct phm registry editor. I install it using active sync and I just do not know how to get to the registry editor or the device editor. I have no problem editing my pc registry I know there has to be some trick to getting to where I can see my device registry. Does anyone know this. I know I can screw up everything if I do not know what I am doing but I have made several reg edits on pc's. I hope someone out there can help me. I also get no errors so it does install correctly but I just cannot find the registry ie. like in pc goto run and type regedit.... Much thanks in advance. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 15 2008, 2:46 PM EDT
"Are you installing the correct version of the PHM Registry Editor? You need this one:

http://www.phm.lu/downloads/download.aspx?{940B734A-C437-41C7-ADED-2A4418802FD3}
"
I am using the correct phm registry editor. I install it using active sync and I just do not know how to get to the registry editor or the device editor. I have no problem editing my pc registry I know there has to be some trick to getting to where I can see my device registry. Does anyone know this. I know I can screw up everything if I do not know what I am doing but I have made several reg edits on pc's. I hope someone out there can help me. I also get no errors so it does install correctly but I just cannot find the registry ie. like in pc goto run and type regedit.... Much thanks in advance. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 15 2008, 3:43 PM EDT
"I am using the correct phm registry editor. I install it using active sync and I just do not know how to get to the registry editor or the device editor. I have no problem editing my pc registry I know there has to be some trick to getting to where I can see my device registry. Does anyone know this. I know I can screw up everything if I do not know what I am doing but I have made several reg edits on pc's. I hope someone out there can help me. I also get no errors so it does install correctly but I just cannot find the registry ie. like in pc goto run and type regedit.... Much thanks in advance."
You actually install it on the device directly. The file you downloaded needs to be saved to your device. Next, goto where you saved it and open the file on your device. It will self install itself. After it installs,goto Start\Programs and you will see a blue cube like icon that says PHM Registry Editor. Open that and now you can edit your device's registry on your device. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 17 2008, 3:39 PM EDT
"You actually install it on the device directly. The file you downloaded needs to be saved to your device. Next, goto where you saved it and open the file on your device. It will self install itself. After it installs,goto Start\Programs and you will see a blue cube like icon that says PHM Registry Editor. Open that and now you can edit your device's registry on your device. "
Ok i tried that. I installed it directly to the tilt then I went and tried to extract it or run it and it say there is no application associated with this file, error. I must be doing something wrong. I've installed other programs and have had no problem running them and I have tried multiple times to no avail. I know plenty of people out them have used this phm reg edit I would love to be able to tweek my tilt. I hope someone out there can help or show a step be detail step or where to install this file. I tried to install it into the applications folder and even into the programs folder. Then I disconnect my device and then I can find it but when I click on it it just gives that error of no application associated with this file.... Do you find this valuable?    
mbarnard

mbarnard
Mar 17 2008, 6:57 PM EDT
"I am having a tough time with this. I know how to install programs on my att tilt I even downloaded the phm registry editor and it installs correctly then I cannot run it. I just do not know how to get to the registry editor. I am also using the activ sync but I just cannot get into the registry. Can anyone help."
It does not install to the start programs area where you see it as an icon. You have to go to File Explorer, then My Device, Program Files, PHM Tools, there you will see regedit, tap on it and the program will start. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 17 2008, 7:39 PM EDT
"Ok i tried that. I installed it directly to the tilt then I went and tried to extract it or run it and it say there is no application associated with this file, error. I must be doing something wrong. I've installed other programs and have had no problem running them and I have tried multiple times to no avail. I know plenty of people out them have used this phm reg edit I would love to be able to tweek my tilt. I hope someone out there can help or show a step be detail step or where to install this file. I tried to install it into the applications folder and even into the programs folder. Then I disconnect my device and then I can find it but when I click on it it just gives that error of no application associated with this file...."
Ok, I forgot to mention one thing. The version that I downloaded is PocketPC 2002/2003 (ARM/PXA). This is the one where you save and copy to your Tilt. The file name should be regedit.Mrln_ARM.CAB. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 17 2008, 7:40 PM EDT
"It does not install to the start programs area where you see it as an icon. You have to go to File Explorer, then My Device, Program Files, PHM Tools, there you will see regedit, tap on it and the program will start."
The version I am using actually is an application that is found under Start\Programs. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 18 2008, 4:05 PM EDT
"It does not install to the start programs area where you see it as an icon. You have to go to File Explorer, then My Device, Program Files, PHM Tools, there you will see regedit, tap on it and the program will start."
I install it and it does not give me the phm tools nor regedit. It only gives me the phm file and says it is not attached to any application. And I am using file explorer. It actually only installed it on to my pc programs but it does not allow me to use it from there. There has got to be something I am missing. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 6 2008, 1:08 AM EDT
hey everyone...ive had the tmobile dash for about 7 or 8 months now and i heard u can hack the volume strip to act as the original JOGGR function from the HTC version.. now i have read everywhere about downloading the "phm registry editor" .. well guess what? i downloaded it on my computer but have no idea how to open it from my dash...i drag the file to my phone but it says its an unknown application or something.. and i dont see the icon on the START programs...so can someone pleaseeee help me on how to open this registry editor ON THE PHONE?!!? i downloaded it on my comp...how in the world do i get it to open from the dash...step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated...thank you Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Apr 6 2008, 8:15 AM EDT
"hey everyone...ive had the tmobile dash for about 7 or 8 months now and i heard u can hack the volume strip to act as the original JOGGR function from the HTC version.. now i have read everywhere about downloading the "phm registry editor" .. well guess what? i downloaded it on my computer but have no idea how to open it from my dash...i drag the file to my phone but it says its an unknown application or something.. and i dont see the icon on the START programs...so can someone pleaseeee help me on how to open this registry editor ON THE PHONE?!!? i downloaded it on my comp...how in the world do i get it to open from the dash...step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated...thank you"
Did you download a file with s see extension? If 50, you need to sync your phone first to your desktop. Then run the file from the desktop and it all install itself. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 6 2008, 3:20 PM EDT
i have nooo idea... all i know is that i downloaded the registry editor...
u could say that i am a BIG NOOB on all of the stuff that is talked about on these forums easily....
can someone just tell me how to download and what and where and how to do after i download? steps? please?
Rainman76
Rainman76
Apr 6 2008, 4:49 PM EDT
"i have nooo idea... all i know is that i downloaded the registry editor...
u could say that i am a BIG NOOB on all of the stuff that is talked about on these forums easily....
can someone just tell me how to download and what and where and how to do after i download? steps? please?"
Well, it sounds like you downloaded a .exe file. You need to go to this site: http://www.phm.lu/downloads/download.aspx?{940B734A-C437-41C7-ADED-2A4418802FD3}

Then:

1. From the dropdown box, pick the one that says Pocket PC 2002,2003 (ARM/PXA).
2. Save the file onto your desktop first.
3. Sync your phone up.
4. Copy the file from your desktop into the My Device\My Documents Folder on your device.
5. Open the file explorer on your phone
6. Goto My Device\My Documents and open the file you just saved

Now it will self install itself and show up under Start\Programs.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 7 2008, 2:04 PM EDT
thanks a lot man, i finally got it.. it turns out i downloaded the desktop version of the editor (by the way what is that one for??) and that was why i couldnt get it. so i just did the smartphone edition and the rest was all good.. thanks a lot for the help rainman! Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Apr 7 2008, 2:38 PM EDT
"thanks a lot man, i finally got it.. it turns out i downloaded the desktop version of the editor (by the way what is that one for??) and that was why i couldnt get it. so i just did the smartphone edition and the rest was all good.. thanks a lot for the help rainman!"
The desktop version is just a desktop installer. It just installs through ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center instead of opening a file directly on your device. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
texting
May 6 2008, 9:03 AM EDT
Hi, I am trying to figure out how to get my messages to wrap or scroll when in text. So that i have one continues message instead of 5 single ones can someone please help me.

Thanks

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors