• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HTC Touch

Keyword tags: BLOGS forums ringer 8525 smartphones software Windows Mobile
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
HTC Touch
Jan 25 2008, 1:40 PM EST
I purchased the HTC Touch from Telus. BIG PROBLEM with MEMORY LEAK, power/standby key useless, will freeze and have to take out the battery and insert it again, in order to function again.
BUT what really succks the most is that i called HTC and CANNOT do anything, instead they are passing it along Microsoft!! I went to Telus, they replaced it with a new one....and guess what!!! the new one has the same problem!!
5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: HTC Touch
Jan 30 2008, 7:29 PM EST
Have the same problem..3rd touch crap in 45 days..about to throw against the wall..am returning to sprint and getting a basic phone.. FREEZES UP all the time 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Calpika
Calpika
Feb 11 2008, 8:49 PM EST
Are you guys loading the phone with apps? I know previous HTC phones suffered when too many apps were loaded into the Phone's memory. And none of them offer enough memory too keep things running smoothly. You could also try some memory management programs. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 19 2008, 4:42 PM EST
I have purchased 2 and have had no problems. If you are having problems with the unit freezing like the old mogul use the stack button in the top left of the screen. Since when you minimize it does not shut down the app. you can use this to shut down so it does not use memory while runnning other programs. I have Youtube, streaming video, activsync, and several on demand programs so do not throw out the baby with the bathwater. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 19 2008, 4:43 PM EST
Sorry I meant top right.... Do you find this valuable?    
Anon777

Anon777
Mar 4 2008, 1:54 PM EST
I also have the same issues. I've had this phone since Nov 07 and since then I've had to do 3 hard resets because of the freezing problems and slowness, which causes me to lose all of my data and contacts every time. I don't do a lot of downloads so this can't be the problem. Apparently the only solution at this time is to do the resets.

I've spoken with Sprint on numerous occasions to no avail. Finally I called the manufacturer and they tell me that the only option I have at this time is to keep the phone from going idle by disabling that feature in the phone. They are currently working on a new software update that will fix these issues because they say that many of the Touch phones have these problems, but the fix is more than a month from being released.

I have learned, tho, how to save my contacts to my storage card so that I won't continue to lose them, but all in all the Touch gets 2 thumbs down from me.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 5 2008, 10:38 AM EST
How do you store you contacts to the storage card? I have been trying to figure that one out on my HTC Touch.... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 5 2008, 11:00 PM EST
To store the contacts on the storage card you have to go to file explorer (which is in Start, then Programs)
-in the upper right hand corner you'll see "Show". Click on "My Device"
-navigate down to "pim" file, then (on the lower right) click "menu", "edit" then "copy.
-go back up to "Show" and click on "Storage Card"
-then you can simply paste the "pim" into your storage card. So whenever you add more contacts you'll have to repeat all of this to keep the most recent file in storage.

If you end up losing all of your data, or having to reset your device back to it's factory settings you can simply copy the "pim" from your storage card and paste it back onto your device. You will have to rename the "pim" that's in "My Device" (to anything) so that it will accept the "pim" that you are moving in to the folder.

After you've done all of this, you have to turn your phone off. When it comes back on your contacts are restored...good luck!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 2 2008, 10:46 PM EDT
Awesome that you can run all these programs.
I'm having trouble streaming video. There some days (few) it streams video (like youtube) but mostly it will not connect. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm using wifi and Opera browser (tried explorer but didn't like it as much)

Thank You
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 5 2008, 3:47 PM EDT
"Awesome that you can run all these programs.
I'm having trouble streaming video. There some days (few) it streams video (like youtube) but mostly it will not connect. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm using wifi and Opera browser (tried explorer but didn't like it as much)

Thank You"
help
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 22 2008, 6:14 PM EDT
"help
"
Me too...Im with Bell and cant really stream anything! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 8 2008, 10:33 PM EDT
"To store the contacts on the storage card you have to go to file explorer (which is in Start, then Programs)
-in the upper right hand corner you'll see "Show". Click on "My Device"
-navigate down to "pim" file, then (on the lower right) click "menu", "edit" then "copy.
-go back up to "Show" and click on "Storage Card"
-then you can simply paste the "pim" into your storage card. So whenever you add more contacts you'll have to repeat all of this to keep the most recent file in storage.

If you end up losing all of your data, or having to reset your device back to it's factory settings you can simply copy the "pim" from your storage card and paste it back onto your device. You will have to rename the "pim" that's in "My Device" (to anything) so that it will accept the "pim" that you are moving in to the folder.

After you've done all of this, you have to turn your phone off. When it comes back on your contacts are restored...good luck!"
Hi, I tried, but I did all these and turned on the cellphone, it had no service, no siginal at all, and I can not view my contacts eighter!! And my cellphone is from Bell, does it matter? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 8 2008, 10:34 PM EDT
I find MSN Messenger if left open will freeze my Touch Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors