• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: 8525 activesync contacts problemThis is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts

Posted Anonymously
8525 activesync contacts problem
Mar 4 2008, 10:14 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 4 2008, 10:14 AM EST
I have an AT&T (Cingular) 8525 running Window Mobile 5.0. I have a desktop running Window XP SP2 with Outlook 2003 and Activesync 4.5.
When I Sync my contacts, I want to be able to sync to a specific contact folder or category only and not the default contcact list. The Activesync options menu is not letting me select a sub contact list or category

I have 3 different contact lists in outlook and only want to sync one of them with contacts that I only want on the phone. I was hoping I could select a specific contact list or category to synch with.

When I synch with my Dell Axim X5 using the same computer and Activesync version, I'm given the option to do so.

Any advice?

5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: 8525 activesync contacts problem
Mar 5 2008, 10:45 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2008, 10:45 AM EST
"I have an AT&T (Cingular) 8525 running Window Mobile 5.0. I have a desktop running Window XP SP2 with Outlook 2003 and Activesync 4.5.
When I Sync my contacts, I want to be able to sync to a specific contact folder or category only and not the default contcact list. The Activesync options menu is not letting me select a sub contact list or category

I have 3 different contact lists in outlook and only want to sync one of them with contacts that I only want on the phone. I was hoping I could select a specific contact list or category to synch with.

When I synch with my Dell Axim X5 using the same computer and Activesync version, I'm given the option to do so.

Any advice?

"
This isnt an option, you can only sync with the default Contacts folder (no sub folders). 0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: 8525 activesync contacts problem
Mar 5 2008, 8:48 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2008, 8:48 PM EST
Why is that? ActiveSync with Windows Mobil should behave the same in the 8525 and Dell Axim, shouldn't it? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: 8525 activesync contacts problem
Mar 21 2008, 4:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 21 2008, 4:00 PM EDT
I synced my contacts to my computer a while ago and deleted them on my computer afterwards.
After the first sync, I added a few more contacts in my phone and now decided to sync them again, but now they will not all synk, only the contacts that I added recently will sync, the others will not.
It seems to me that the contacts I first synced to my computer, still have a hidden registry or are cached, which is the reason why only the new added contacts (to my phone) will sync to my computer.
Any ideas on what to do to sync them all and not just the newest?
Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
4. RE: 8525 activesync contacts problem
May 20 2008, 9:27 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2008, 9:27 PM EDT
you have to put the contacts that you want into the main contact folder and the others into subfolders and or you can try drag and drop the sub folders into the explorer on the activesync window. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
5. twrwhwwfgffrs4tehebhshgsgbwsvshhuyjrtfgvtgffrvbbuyjhnuyjhnuyjhnuyjhnuy
Jul 14 2008, 12:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 14 2008, 12:15 AM EDT
"I have an AT&T (Cingular) 8525 running Window Mobile 5.0. I have a desktop running Window XP SP2 with Outlook 2003 and Activesync 4.5.

Any advice?

12uyjh12uyjhq1w2uyjhuyjhjaQ"
re89525aoRTFGVGHR5TF4Y 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)