• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Chapura PocketMirrorPro & Windows7This is a featured thread

PaoloFCantoni

PaoloFCantoni
Chapura PocketMirrorPro & Windows7
Thursday, 11:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Thursday, 11:51 PM EDT
Hi,

I've got a TYTN II and use Chapura PocketMirrorPro (via ActiveSync) to synchronize with Outlook 2007 under Vista. I need Chapura because I synchronize with BOTH my work stuff in Outlook (.ost file) and my private stuff (.pst file) concurrently (Chapura can synchronize to multiple folders for Calendar Contacts and Tasks). If anyone knows of any other Synchronization software that can do that, please let me know...

Anyway, I'm also using Windows 7 (RC) Now Chapura won't even install since it claims ActiveSync is not present on Windows 7. I understand Microsoft changed the way ActiveSync works under Windows 7 so I suspect some registry setting or file (that Chapura is looking for to install) is missing.

All my other HTC applications install and work fine under Windows 7. I've contacted Chapura and they were less than helpful... They wouldn't tell me what the missing item(s) was and further went on to say they currently have NO plans to support PocketMirrorPro under Windows7.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to "fool" PocketMirrorPro into thinking ActiveSync is running? I strongly suspect that if I can get it tot install it will run OK...

TIA,
Paolo
Do you find this valuable?    
talontsi07
talontsi07
1. RE: Chapura PocketMirrorPro & Windows7
Friday, 4:35 AM EDT | Post edited: Friday, 4:35 AM EDT
try installing it with the compatibility mode set for windows xp
talontsi07
talontsi07
2. RE: Chapura PocketMirrorPro & Windows7
Friday, 4:37 AM EDT | Post edited: Friday, 4:38 AM EDT
sorry i should say the reason y xp is because in my experience windows 7 does not like vista drivers and ext. but running it as xp sometimes does work, for example for my tv tuner the vista drivers would not work but the xp one's did
PaoloFCantoni

PaoloFCantoni
3. RE: Chapura PocketMirrorPro & Windows7
Today, 4:25 AM EDT | Post edited: Today, 4:25 AM EDT
"sorry i should say the reason y xp is because in my experience windows 7 does not like vista drivers and ext. but running it as xp sometimes does work, for example for my tv tuner the vista drivers would not work but the xp one's did"
Hi talontsi07,

I forgot to say that I had previously attempted to install in compatability mode ("Vista") - but that didn't work. But, at your suggestion I thought I'd try again. This time I found that in additon to "Vista" as previously there now was also "Vista SP1" and "Vista SP2" (I've been updating my Wndows7 with WIndows Update, so they may have come in then...)
I tried Vista SP2 and it installed fine...

Thanks for prompting me t try again!
Paolo

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)