• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Dash upgrade to S621This is a featured thread

2  | Next
iamjamieq

iamjamieq
Dash upgrade to S621
Feb 25 2008, 11:52 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 25 2008, 11:52 PM EST
Is it possible to upgrade from the T-Mobile Dash WM6 Rom ver 1.22.531.4 to S621 Rom ver 1.30.631.2? I want to use a 4gb micro SDHC card on my Dash and this seems to be the only way it can be done. Unless someone else know another way?
11  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
1. RE: Dash upgrade to S621
Feb 27 2008, 4:09 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 27 2008, 4:09 PM EST
Did you ever get an answer to the ROM upgrade 1.22.531.4? I just tried a Scandish microSDHC 6GB in my TMO Dash running WM6 (from TMO) and the system reports "Storage Card: Unknown." Or any other way to get the 6GB to work?
5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. file system
Apr 13 2008, 9:41 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 13 2008, 9:41 PM EDT
did you guys make sure that the file system isn't ntfs and its fat32

if you want to check it out first copy all your info on the card to the desktop and re-format to fat32 by going to "my computer" and then right click your device/card go to format and select fat32 in the file system type box
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
3. RE: file system
Apr 13 2008, 10:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 13 2008, 10:04 PM EDT
I just upgraded to the official HTC Rom and my 4gb card works with no problems at all. Plus its a faster, cleaner rom than the T-Mo WM6 rom. I suggest it to everyone.
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
iamjamieq

iamjamieq
4. RE: file system
Apr 13 2008, 10:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 13 2008, 10:05 PM EDT
"I just upgraded to the official HTC Rom and my 4gb card works with no problems at all. Plus its a faster, cleaner rom than the T-Mo WM6 rom. I suggest it to everyone."
oops. should've signed in for that one. The last post was by me.
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
5. RE: file system
Apr 13 2008, 11:16 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 13 2008, 11:16 PM EDT
use this file to upgrade your dash:
download and unzip this file and run the auto.bat after you have activesynced your computer and phone then sumply follow the directions.
http://rapidshare.com/files/106535248/RUU_Excalibur_WM61_Kavana_Rickys_v17.zip
this is win 6.1 after reboot go start,accesories, connection wizard choose tmobile
more here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=378608
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
6. RE: file system
Apr 13 2008, 11:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 13 2008, 11:18 PM EDT
"use this file to upgrade your dash:
download and unzip this file and run the auto.bat after you have activesynced your computer and phone then sumply follow the directions.
this is win 6.1 after reboot go start,accesories, connection wizard choose tmobile
more here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=378608"
by the way this enables sdhc compatibility i have an 8gb card
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=79447&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1207414706
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
7. RE: file system
Apr 29 2008, 12:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 29 2008, 12:14 PM EDT
would it be possible to make a sdhc cab file from this rom compatible with tmobile wm6...im im currently running 1.22.531.6..which is a differnt version then most have...
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
8. RE: file system
May 8 2008, 3:18 PM EDT | Post edited: May 8 2008, 3:18 PM EDT
is there another location for the download other than rapidshare? When I try and run the file from rapishare it says the file is corrupt. Maybe put it on Skydrive as a public download.... Also is this the beta 6.1 or the real deal?
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
9. RE: Dash upgrade to S621
May 12 2008, 12:25 PM EDT | Post edited: May 12 2008, 12:25 PM EDT
"Is it possible to upgrade from the T-Mobile Dash WM6 Rom ver 1.22.531.4 to S621 Rom ver 1.30.631.2? I want to use a 4gb micro SDHC card on my Dash and this seems to be the only way it can be done. Unless someone else know another way?"
Yes, it is possible get your rom updates from xda developers forum then watch the step by step how to rom upgrade from "Jamerican" on youtube. A Rom update will definitely allow you to use 4 & 8 gig sd cards.

PS: Ricky Wyatts Kavana Rom is RIDICULOUS!! I highly recommend it I've flashed my dash with Rogers and HTC, Ricky's the best!

-Ron
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
amillz32

amillz32
10. RE: file system
May 29 2008, 12:41 AM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2008, 12:41 AM EDT
"use this file to upgrade your dash:
more here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=378608"
OK i'm lost because I tried to upgrade to 6.1 yesterday and my phone started acting up so I called HTC and they explained that the Dash doesn't support 6.1
amillz32

amillz32
11. RE: file system
May 29 2008, 2:29 AM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2008, 2:29 AM EDT
"OK i'm lost because I tried to upgrade to 6.1 yesterday and my phone started acting up so I called HTC and they explained that the Dash doesn't support 6.1"
I spoke to someone from HTC again today and they told me that wm6.1 and the Dash aren't on the best of terms, I don't know I am interested in the wm6 ROM from HTC though. Unfortunately I can't access it because the Dash isn't an HTC branded phone; does anyone know how I could either get my phone registered in the e-Club or get HTCs wm6 ROM?
iamjamieq

iamjamieq
12. RE: file system
May 29 2008, 7:09 AM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2008, 7:09 AM EDT
look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=381726&highlight=htc+s621+rom

Download the rom at the top, 1.33.422.1 (Worldwide English, WM6). Flash your phone with this ROM and its like getting a new phone. Its quicker, cleaner, and has supports for SDHC cards. There are other ROMs there too if you really want a branded phone.

Anonymous
13. RE: file system
May 29 2008, 9:45 AM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2008, 9:45 AM EDT
"look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=381726&highlight=htc+s621+rom

Download the rom at the top, 1.33.422.1 (Worldwide English, WM6). Flash your phone with this ROM and its like getting a new phone. Its quicker, cleaner, and has supports for SDHC cards. There are other ROMs there too if you really want a branded phone."
There seems to be a lot of confusion on roms here.
1. There is no official 6.1 update for the Dash as of yet.

2.The Dash is a T-Mobile branded Phone with a T-Mobile rom installed. Roms for other s621 phones, branded and unbranded and custom 6.1 roms are available.

3. Can you put a non- T-Mobile rom on your Dash? Yes, but you must first unlock your phone from it"s T-Mobile rom and then follow relatively easy , but very very specific steps to flash a new rom. One mis-step and your phone could become a very expensive door stop.

4. The roms above are cleaner and maybe a little or a lot quicker because they eliminate a lot of what your carrier has put on their roms. Carrier specific features and programs.

5. Will flashing anything other than a T- Mobile rom on your phone void your T-Mobile warranty? YES!

Hope this clears some things up
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
14. RE: file system
May 29 2008, 9:47 AM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2008, 9:47 AM EDT
"There seems to be a lot of confusion on roms here.

2.The Dash is a T-Mobile branded Phone with a T-Mobile rom installed. Roms for other s621 phones, branded and unbranded and custom 6.1 roms are available.

3. Can you put a non- T-Mobile rom on your Dash? Yes, but you must first unlock your phone from it"s T-Mobile rom and then follow relatively easy , but very very specific steps to flash a new rom. One mis-step and your phone could become a very expensive door stop.

4. The roms above are cleaner and maybe a little or a lot quicker because they eliminate a lot of what your carrier has put on their roms. Carrier specific features and programs.

5. Will flashing anything other than a T- Mobile rom on your phone void your T-Mobile warranty? YES!

Hope this clears some things up"
There seems to be a lot of confusion on roms here.

Hope this clears some things up
iamjamieq

iamjamieq
15. RE: file system
May 29 2008, 10:26 AM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2008, 10:26 AM EDT
All very true. My original question was regarding SDHC compatability with T-Mobile's ROM. Turns out T-Mobile does not have an official WM6 ROM that is compatible with SDHC cards. The only solution to using the Dash and SDHC cards is to use a ROM from another carrier (i.e. Rogers) or use the HTC unbranded ROM. Yes, this will void your warranty. I never go to the carrier to fix my phone anyway so it was fine for me. And now my phone is not a Dash anymore. Since I flashed it with the unbranded HTC ROM it is now an HTC S621. I just happen to still be using it on T-Mo. Oh yeah, before I began any flashing I contacted T-Mobile and had them issue a SIM unlock code for my phone. I think you have to be with your carrier for a certain amount of time, several months or so, and then they have to issue the unlock code. Then I flashed the phone. I'm pretty sure this is required, since my phone isn't technically a T-Mobile phone anymore. Someone with more experience than me can say whether or not this step is absolutely required, regardless of whether or not you remain on the T-Mobile network.
denco7
denco7
16. RE: file system
May 29 2008, 10:59 AM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2008, 10:59 AM EDT
"All very true. My original question was regarding SDHC compatability with T-Mobile's ROM. Turns out T-Mobile does not have an official WM6 ROM that is compatible with SDHC cards. The only solution to using the Dash and SDHC cards is to use a ROM from another carrier (i.e. Rogers) or use the HTC unbranded ROM. Yes, this will void your warranty. I never go to the carrier to fix my phone anyway so it was fine for me. And now my phone is not a Dash anymore. Since I flashed it with the unbranded HTC ROM it is now an HTC S621. I just happen to still be using it on T-Mo. Oh yeah, before I began any flashing I contacted T-Mobile and had them issue a SIM unlock code for my phone. I think you have to be with your carrier for a certain amount of time, several months or so, and then they have to issue the unlock code. Then I flashed the phone. I'm pretty sure this is required, since my phone isn't technically a T-Mobile phone anymore. Someone with more experience than me can say whether or not this step is absolutely required, regardless of whether or not you remain on the T-Mobile network. "
The carrier only recognizes the sim card not the rom, so a sim unlock is not necessary. But a cid unlock is necessary to run a different rom.
Also did you try your sdhc card in your dash before you switched roms? Some people have said that these cards work fine in phones that supposedly cannot use them.
Do you find this valuable?    
iamjamieq

iamjamieq
17. RE: file system
May 29 2008, 11:34 AM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2008, 11:34 AM EDT
That's what started this thread int he first place. I had upgraded my Dash to the official TMO release of WM6 and had read many reviews and comments that SDHC cards were working on Dashes all over the place. Mine would not work, however. So I searched and searched and eventually found a great thread on xda-developers (which I can't find now) and first upgraded to Rogers and then to the official HTC Rom and got everything working great. According to both T-Mobile and Dash users, the SDHC compatibility with T-Mobile's WM6 ROM is hit or miss, which is disappointing.

Anonymous
18. RE: file system
Jun 8 2008, 9:26 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 8 2008, 9:26 AM EDT
This download site d/n work
Do you find this valuable?    
iamjamieq

iamjamieq
19. RE: file system
Jun 8 2008, 11:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 8 2008, 11:12 AM EDT
Official HTC Excalibur Rom. This one has worked best for me.

http://rapidshare.com/files/78865608/RUU_Excalibur_HTC_WWE_Brightpoint_US_1.33.422.1_4.1.13.51_03.07.90_Ship.exe.html
2  | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)