• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Blocking Private Unknow Anonymous CallersThis is a featured thread

wmosca

wmosca
Blocking Private Unknow Anonymous Callers
Feb 23 2008, 10:53 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 23 2008, 10:53 AM EST
Private on my handset 8925 Tilt comes in regularly for the last two weeks and my carrier ATT in United States says they wont block these calls. I must get software or use a different handset. HTC recommended a software called "BlackList: made by steelsoft and sold at Handango.com and I bought it with refreshing back up incase if get another phone for less than $10 US. It sends callers with actual area codes and phone numbers to my voicemail but there is no way to block Private callers. I put in the word Private in the list as if it were a number and that did not work. Please help...thanks w
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: 4GB Micro SDHC HTC touch

Anonymous
1. RE: Blocking Private Unknow Anonymous Callers
Jun 7 2008, 1:27 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 7 2008, 1:27 AM EDT
May wanna give this app a try

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-call-firewall-v1-1.html
Do you find this valuable?    
lmak

lmak
2. RE: Blocking Private Unknow Anonymous Callers
Jun 19 2008, 12:48 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 19 2008, 12:48 AM EDT
I asked the ATT help desk, they said there is no way to block a 'private' call from coming in. As more telemarketers access cell numbers; this annoyance will grow and so customers will turn away from ATT & Tilt product. ATT must provide a simple service to support 'block call' on any & all 'Private' caller. The other solution is to provide a silent ring assignment to any 'Private' caller but ATT needs to get the lead out soon... their customers won't stand for this; after all where did the telemarketers get your number from?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
3. RE: Blocking Private Unknow Anonymous Callers
Jun 21 2008, 11:42 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 21 2008, 11:42 AM EDT
You might also check into AT&T's "Smart Limits" which allows you to block whatever number you want.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)