Jul 5 2009, 11:52 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 5 2009, 11:52 AM EDT
"SAMe PROBLEM..have u got any solution??please advise!"
touch screeen not working help me pls
Do you find this valuable?    
Beaverbuzz

Beaverbuzz
21. RE: LCD or Touch screen not working
Today, 9:57 AM EDT | Post edited: Today, 9:57 AM EDT
Hi, I have the HTC touch from bell. I too had the same problem with my screen. It stopped working completely. The phone is pretty much useless without the touch screen working, there is only 3 buttons on the phone! Can't even dial 911... So I was pretty pissed when the screen stopped working. Like others I searched the internet for answers and didn't really find too much. I found that maybe tapping the four corners of the screen firmly might work, but it didn't. Taking the protective cover off the screen might work, didn't work. I tried updating the ROM, using the official software from HTC website. I was able to update my phone, but my touch screen still didn't work. Someone said something about some copper connections inside the phone, need to be re-adjusted behind the screen or something like that. So I willing opened the phone (only 4 hex screws on the back) and took the front plastic cover off. If you look closely, you'll see the front cover is plugged into the 'motherboard' and you can simply unplug it. I unplug it and plug it back in, do a restart of the phone (take battery out and back in) and still nothing, screen doesn't work.
I noticed that on the front cover of the phone (underneath) you can see the copper band of wires that connect to the buttons and probably feeds the information from the touch screen to the 'computer'. I accidentally unplugged the wire (thought I broke it) but was able to insert it back in. I put the the cover back on, put the battery in, power up phone, BINGO! Touch screen works! What I did to make it work? Not sure...
But for people with the same problem. Try this:
1) update ROM
http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownload.aspx?p_id=70&cat=2&dl_id=98
2) Unplug and plug back in that little wire.
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/1912/htctouchx.jpg
Its the red circle I'm talking about.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)