• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Using Skype Mobile on HTC Phones with T-Mobile - Seeking information

Keyword tags: BLOGS forums ringer 8525 smartphones software Windows Mobile
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

sunilsoniashaan2007

sunilsoniashaan2007
Using Skype Mobile on HTC Phones with T-Mobile - Seeking information
Dec 5 2007, 9:05 AM EST
I am wondering if anyone here has tried using Skype on a T-Mobile Shadow and was wondering how good the experience is. I am also curious to know if you can use this to call foreign countries from outside the US as well. For example, I'll be travelling at the end of the month to India but will be connecting via. Brussels. I have already checked out the fact that Free Wifi Spots exist in the International Airport in both BOM (Mumbai) and BRU (Brussles) but am now left to wonder about the nature of the experience using Skype over wi-fi on a WM^ smartdevice. Additionally, how much would it cost to do what I'm attempting to do?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Using Skype Mobile on HTC Phones with T-Mobile - Seeking informati
Dec 5 2007, 2:14 PM EST
I run a program called fring and it lets you connect to skype, msn, and others. I have used it to call regular phones or pc's using my skypeout. I have to say that it worked pretty well for me when i connect through wifi . The voice quality is not very good though if you connect through T-mobile's USA edge network which is not that fast. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
sunilsoniashaan2007

sunilsoniashaan2007
RE: Using Skype Mobile on HTC Phones with T-Mobile - Seeking informati
Dec 6 2007, 9:11 AM EST
What about if you use this overseas, in say Brussels for example? Is the voice quality any better? What about the TEch Specs Pre-requisites? More specifically speaking, I have a 200 MHz processor on my phone but Skype suggests having a 400 MHz Processor. The other pre-requisites I meet satisfactorily (Minim RAM and OS requirements). Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors