• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

HTC ADVANTAGE MICRODRIVE

Keyword tags: touch TyTN
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
HTC ADVANTAGE MICRODRIVE
Nov 10 2007, 5:49 AM EST
Hi there fellow gadgeteers,

Does anyone know what HTC intend to do to make the Microdrive more secure on keeping data?
Twice now I have lost data on what I had considered a properly configured device.

Once I was taken by surprise to find that programmes I had installed on the MicroDrive were not loadable. On the last failure, I deleted my personal documents I did not need. When I finished I decided to reset my device, on reboot, lo and behold the MicroDrive was completely "clean", I mean everything was gone. It had to be days again to reinstall programmes, etc.

Any solutions?
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: HTC ADVANTAGE MICRODRIVE
Nov 12 2007, 5:35 PM EST
when you reboot take the micro card out and your info is safe. Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 12 2007, 11:37 PM EST
"when you reboot take the micro card out and your info is safe."
He is speaking of the microdrive inside... not the removable Mini SD. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 12 2007, 11:42 PM EST
I too have had the same issue. 3 times I have lost data. One time I figured I had lost it and started copying data back with a folder that had the identical name as before and mysteriously all my data appeared again. I have had it disappear a bunch of times and a soft reset has resolved it. The Microdrive seems to be real flaky... I have learned to keep important data on my Mini SD card now (sad but true). I am sending mine in for repair or a new device. I cannot lose data. Too much time involved. If anyone has had issues like this please let us know!!!!!!!! Quote and Reply Post a Reply 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
fractalman

fractalman
Dec 23 2007, 12:02 AM EST
I just bought one this week and my microdrive is totally useless. Directories appear and disappear, can't copy files to it, when I try to create a new folder it errors out. I even tried to reformat it and it said I couldn't because something was accessing it. Where can I send it in for repair?
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 16 2008, 12:44 PM EST
"I just bought one this week and my microdrive is totally useless. Directories appear and disappear, can't copy files to it, when I try to create a new folder it errors out. I even tried to reformat it and it said I couldn't because something was accessing it. Where can I send it in for repair?
"
Bought my Advantage 3 weeks ago and microdrive has erased itself at least 5 times since. Is anyone aware of the problem being software or hardware related? Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Related Content (what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors