• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issuesThis is a featured thread

Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6  | Next > Last

Anonymous
20. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 4 2007, 7:58 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2007, 7:58 AM EST
I've had my phone for 4 days now, and everything was fine until this morning. I had the phone on the charger overnight, and took it off this morning. When I took it off, the phone powered on as normal, then eventually shut down. When I was ready to leave, I hit the power button and nothing happened. The green indicator light was flashing, but nothing else. I pressed every button, still nothing. When I got to work I plugged it into the USB on my computer, still nothing so I did a soft reset which worked. Hopefully this issue won't persist or HTC/AT7T will come out with an update very soon. If it happens a few more times I'll be returning it.
Do you find this valuable?    
tbs30
tbs30
21. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 6 2007, 8:35 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 6 2007, 8:35 PM EST
Checking voice mail, my phone shuts down before I can push number to save or discard message. Is there a fix to keep this phone awake during phone calls?
Thanks--
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
22. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 7 2007, 9:01 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 7 2007, 9:01 PM EST
I am also experiencing problems with my AT&T Tilt/8925/Kaiser phone. When on speakerphone, the other party has trouble listening to me. Also, the phone has poor signal quality (much lower quality than my previous phone, and old Mpx220) and when it loses signal and goes back to a strong signal area, the phone will NOT 'refresh' and will remain as if there is no signal (this may be related to the hibernating issue described above) If you have an Tilt phone, RETURN IT! If it goes bad after the 30-day return period, AT&T WILL NOT give you a new phone... they will give you a refurbished phone! How about that for someone who has spent almost $160 on their stupid data plan and $400 on a defective AT&T 8925/HTC Kaiser phone!? A slap in the face if you ask me! Get the iPhone instead. I just got off the phone (after 40 mins) with AT&T and they will NOT replace my EXPENSIVE & DEFECTIVE phone with a new one... they only give out refurbished phones, which suck even more. [email: [email protected]]

Anonymous
23. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 8 2007, 12:17 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 8 2007, 12:17 PM EST
This phone has been a tremendous disappointment. For their part, so has AT&T. I was hard/resetting my phone so often that I cracked the screen as the battery is behind the steel/plastic wall of Tilt. Now, who do you suppose is required to pick up the cost for the cracked screen? You bet, and what do you think that this will cost? Somewhere between $130 and $200. You pay for postage to send Tilt to Houston, and for $28, the Tilt folks will have a look. HTC is not allowing anyone but their own repair group access to new screen parts. Emporer Tilt seems to have no clothes and the view is not pretty. This Emporer seems old before his time.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
24. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 13 2007, 10:46 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 13 2007, 10:46 AM EST
I have exact same problem in my att tilt.
scope422000
scope422000
25. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 13 2007, 8:35 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 13 2007, 8:35 PM EST
I just received this phone 5 days ago, and this is the HTC TyTn ll branded phone (not from AT&T). Needless to say, the same problem exists for the TyTn ll. My problem occurs when an incoming call comes in, and I am unable to answer it. Every button literally froze. This is unacceptable! Because I'm in the middle of job interviews, and cannot afford to miss calls from the interviewer. I've decided to go back to my trusty Palm 750.

I find it hard to believe that with all of these great features packed into this phone that such a bug literally cripples the device. Now I just upgraded my Palm 750 to Windows Mobile 6 and it works better than it did before, and here's a brand new phone from HTC with the same operating system, and yet cannot last for more than a day, before it goes into a lock-up mode and become useless. This phone is going onto the shelf until HTC comes out with a patch or major upgrade release!!!!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
26. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 13 2007, 10:20 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 13 2007, 10:20 PM EST
I am having the same hibernating issues. I am on my second Tilt and still having the same issues. I am going to return it before the 30 days is up.
mkusma
mkusma
27. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 14 2007, 1:15 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 14 2007, 1:15 PM EST
I've had my Tilt for over a month without this problem happening. I have a push email package running (not AT&T's) so data access is pretty regular. Last week I installed a microSD card, but have not stored anything there yet. Still no instances of this issue (other stuff, but not this one).

Anonymous
28. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 14 2007, 5:58 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 14 2007, 5:58 PM EST
"Checking voice mail, my phone shuts down before I can push number to save or discard message. Is there a fix to keep this phone awake during phone calls?
Thanks--"
I spoke with the AT&T 800 number. They offered a replacement. I went to the ATT store and one of the salesmen who also had a Tilt had the same problem. He suggested moving the volume dial or pushing the red button as the only method to 'awaken the phone'. May not be a current fix. I didn't want a reconditioned phone that did the same thing.
3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
29. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 14 2007, 6:16 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 14 2007, 6:16 PM EST
Guys I had same issue where the Start menu froze completely. I just press the power button to lock the phone and screen dims and then press it again quickly to bring it back and everything works fine. Its just a quicker workaround.

Anonymous
30. RE: at&t tilt 8925 won't turn on
Dec 17 2007, 10:33 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 17 2007, 10:33 AM EST
I just bought this phone 15 days ago... it started of fine...surfed the internet, texts, IMs, games ..gps, camera..etc.. and also downloaded a software. Suddenly one day it just shut down. I thought it was low battery, so i charged it overnight ...but no luck!! my device never turned off again...Called AT&T let's see ..what happens!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
scope422000
scope422000
31. RE: at&t tilt 8925 won't turn on
Dec 17 2007, 1:21 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 17 2007, 1:21 PM EST
This becoming worrisome. Do you think HTC may have released this phone to the market way too early? Especially with this many bugs!

Anonymous
32. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 18 2007, 4:08 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 18 2007, 4:08 PM EST
Same problem here, happens at least once a week, called ATT about it and they said they have not heard of any problems with the phone.

Anonymous
33. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 20 2007, 10:12 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 20 2007, 10:12 AM EST
http://www.mobiletopsoft.com/pocket-pc/freeware/download-kaisertweak-v0-4.html
also got rid of that annoying sound when I would send a text message. seems to be working just fine. other issues i was able to disable as well. I like.
scope422000
scope422000
34. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 21 2007, 7:33 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 21 2007, 7:33 PM EST
"http://www.mobiletopsoft.com/pocket-pc/freeware/download-kaisertweak-v0-4.html
also got rid of that annoying sound when I would send a text message. seems to be working just fine. other issues i was able to disable as well. I like."
So were you able to resolve the issues that we have been talking about using this freeware program?
Rainman76
Rainman76
35. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 21 2007, 8:15 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 21 2007, 8:15 PM EST
"So were you able to resolve the issues that we have been talking about using this freeware program?"
I have been using the Kaiser Tweak and my Tilt has never had a single problem. It runs flawlessly for me. One of the other things I have done is to remove all of the AT&T bloatware. I did this by doing a hard reset. After the Tilt starts itself up and goes to the Today screen for the first time, you will see a window pop up saying it is going to install customizations in 3 seconds. At that point before the countdown completes, I did a soft reset. This prevents all the bloatware from actually being installed. It help free up storage memory for me.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
scope422000
scope422000
36. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 21 2007, 9:17 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 21 2007, 9:17 PM EST
"I have been using the Kaiser Tweak and my Tilt has never had a single problem. It runs flawlessly for me. One of the other things I have done is to remove all of the AT&T bloatware. I did this by doing a hard reset. After the Tilt starts itself up and goes to the Today screen for the first time, you will see a window pop up saying it is going to install customizations in 3 seconds. At that point before the countdown completes, I did a soft reset. This prevents all the bloatware from actually being installed. It help free up storage memory for me."
I have the official HTC Kaiser, so it does not have the AT&T bloatware that everyone has been complaining about, but the bugs still exist in my HTC Kaiser. So I'll go ahead and download the Kaiser Tweak....I just hope this works. I would hate to think that I spent premium dollar on this phone, and it's going to spend a majority of it's time on a shelf until a software patch comes out!
Rainman76
Rainman76
37. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 22 2007, 8:29 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 22 2007, 8:29 AM EST
"I have the official HTC Kaiser, so it does not have the AT&T bloatware that everyone has been complaining about, but the bugs still exist in my HTC Kaiser. So I'll go ahead and download the Kaiser Tweak....I just hope this works. I would hate to think that I spent premium dollar on this phone, and it's going to spend a majority of it's time on a shelf until a software patch comes out!"
It should work.. my buddy has the TyTN II also and he has used this same tweak and his has worked perfectly fine.
scope422000
scope422000
38. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 24 2007, 1:56 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 24 2007, 1:56 PM EST
I installed the tweak program, and it is one amazing program. I can disable/enable quite a few features in this phone. I'll keep everyone posted as to how this performs. But I'm sure this will resolve my problem of the phone lock-up.
Rainman76
Rainman76
39. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 24 2007, 3:38 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 24 2007, 3:38 PM EST
"I installed the tweak program, and it is one amazing program. I can disable/enable quite a few features in this phone. I'll keep everyone posted as to how this performs. But I'm sure this will resolve my problem of the phone lock-up."
Yes, it is a great program. All it's really doing is making registry edits for you in a very easy to use interface. I have been using this since I purchased my Kaiser (AT&T Tilt) on October 5th. It has been an invaluable tool in bringing the most out of the Kaiser.
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6  | Next > Last

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)