• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Battery problems!This is a featured thread

Anonymous
Battery problems!
Aug 26 2007, 11:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 26 2007, 11:23 PM EDT
I've had this phone for about 5 days and I've had to charge it 3 times already!!! seems like after each charge the battery just gets worse! I've let is discharge completely and then charge to full...i had a feeling there was something wrong with the battery once I got a full charge in only an hour. Have to go to Telus now and see if they can replace this battery.
7  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: installation unsuccessful

Anonymous
1. RE: Battery problems!
Sep 19 2007, 4:08 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 19 2007, 4:08 PM EDT
I'm having the same problem. We bought 2 of these phones and we're having the same problem. They gave me a replacement battery but same thing is happening with it. Did a new battery work for you?
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: Battery problems!
Jan 19 2008, 8:13 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 19 2008, 8:13 PM EST
Seems that this is a common problem with this phone. Other sites have similar complaints. Telus offered to switch my battery too, but I may just buy an extra one, and at least I can swap out as needed. There is a web site that offers a battery extender, where you can change the battery with 4 AA batteries when in a pinch. Web site is thepocketsolution.com. They also show an extended battery for this unit, but as of Jan 19 it was out of stock.

Anonymous
3. RE: Battery problems!
Feb 14 2008, 7:23 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 14 2008, 7:23 AM EST
I have the same problem. However, I'm also a heavy user of this phone. Windows Live Messenger is a battery killer along with IE!

You have to keep in mind that you're basically using a small computer. With that being said, your device will typically draw more power off the battery than a typical cell phone would.

I charge 3-4 times a day on average.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
The_Alex

The_Alex
4. RE: Battery problems!
Mar 26 2008, 2:09 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 26 2008, 2:09 AM EDT
Do any of you store your phone in the case that it came with? I'm thinking that the case is pressing against the buttons (even though the phone is locked) and causing the screen to constantly re-appear which could be part of the battery drain problem.

Anonymous
5. RE: Battery problems!
May 12 2008, 11:24 PM EDT | Post edited: May 12 2008, 11:24 PM EDT
i know

Anonymous
6. RE: Battery problems!
May 12 2008, 11:26 PM EDT | Post edited: May 12 2008, 11:26 PM EDT
i know why the die so fast verizom=n make that holster the wont let the phone to go off after any phone call

Anonymous
7. RE: Battery problems!
May 29 2008, 2:13 AM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2008, 2:13 AM EDT
You also have to close manually your applications when you don't use them. You can do it by the task manager.

Also, review your connexion settings for your e-mail send-receive frequency. The more often your phone is connecting and receiving mail, the more battery it's using.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
ande8150
ande8150
8. RE: Battery problems!
Sep 28 2008, 8:07 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 28 2008, 8:07 PM EDT
My battery life is longer on the new firmware. Search this forum for windows mobile 6.1 update for this phone.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)