• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0This is a featured thread

Showing 21 - 40 of 113  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last
Temporallobe9
Temporallobe9
20. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Aug 4 2007, 7:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 4 2007, 7:45 PM EDT
I have not upgraded to WM6 so I don't know if it something withing the update. Did you try turning off the Wireless and internet boxes? Sometimes I get kicked off (although rarely) and resetting the whole system makes a difference. When I updated my PSP once I couldnt get back into my network. I unplogged the network and then for some reason it reckognized my PSP. Have you looked at anyone with the Dash to see if they have problems (dash and S621 are similar) Let me know if you figure it out. That's about all I could think of. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
21. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Aug 4 2007, 9:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 4 2007, 9:14 PM EDT
has anyone installed the dash windows mobile 6, on the htc s621 and having wifi problems.... Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
22. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Aug 5 2007, 9:47 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 5 2007, 9:47 PM EDT
After installing Windows mobile 6, twice on the htc s621, and doing a cold boot 3 times, the wifi started working, and all the internet functions are excellent, i highly recomend installing it , works perfect.. everything is well enhanced... anyone needs help let me know.. i spend hours trying to figure out finally got it.. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
23. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Aug 7 2007, 6:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 7 2007, 6:20 PM EDT
"After installing Windows mobile 6, twice on the htc s621, and doing a cold boot 3 times, the wifi started working, and all the internet functions are excellent, i highly recomend installing it , works perfect.. everything is well enhanced... anyone needs help let me know.. i spend hours trying to figure out finally got it.."
hey my friend, could you give me a link to download the WM6 upgrade for the htc s621, i tried with t mobile upgrade but did not work, my mail is [email protected] hope you can help me. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
24. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Aug 10 2007, 11:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 10 2007, 11:25 PM EDT
So are all Rogers S621s unlocked when you buy them?? People on this forum seem to think so. Is this true? Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
25. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Aug 11 2007, 11:01 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 11 2007, 11:01 PM EDT
"So are all Rogers S621s unlocked when you buy them?? People on this forum seem to think so. Is this true?"
The S621 is SIM unlocked when purchased from Rogers which means it will work with non-Rogers SIMs - I'm using it on Fido. You have to change the settings to get the internet etc to work but it's easily found via Google.

If you want to upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 you have to get the unit CID unlocked (Carrier ID) via a site like IMEI-check so you can install a non-Rogers WM 6 firmware. This includes the T-Mobile or Russian firmware.

If you wait for the Rogers version to come out you won't have to get the CID unlocked. However, there's no official word on when this will come out. Current rumour is that the HTC unbranded firmware will come out this month.

Hope that helps.
Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
26. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Aug 22 2007, 3:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 22 2007, 3:10 PM EDT
does anyone knows anything new about this upgrade for the s621 Do you find this valuable?    

mike1047
27. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Aug 30 2007, 7:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 30 2007, 7:10 PM EDT
tell me how? I can't wait no more for the upgrade...

my email [email protected]

Posted Anonymously
28. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Sep 2 2007, 12:49 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 2 2007, 12:49 PM EDT
Can you please send me the link to download here is my email: [email protected]

Thanks a lot

Posted Anonymously
29. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Sep 2 2007, 1:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 2 2007, 1:02 PM EDT
I got a question when I connect to peoples wifi on the 621 even though it shows I got good signal....it takes really long to load small web pages like google.ca etc. If I upgrade to WM6 would it help with internet speeds?

Thanks

Posted Anonymously
30. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Sep 2 2007, 4:09 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 2 2007, 4:09 PM EDT
ok guys, the upgrade is now available on htc page but when i try to upgrade it says "invalid model id" now what do i do, i have a s621 and the update comes from the oficial htc page, why do i have this error??? help please Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
31. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Sep 3 2007, 9:21 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 3 2007, 9:21 AM EDT
I just downloaded it too and I have the same error. My HTC 621 is unlocked. My seriel # loaded on the HTC site and said S620 but My phone is indeed a S621. (not sure what the diff is but... who cares) the software starts to install the ROM upgrade but stops at about 3% and an error says invalid software. Is there a way to install the software eventhough I have a 621 and not a 620? pls help... [email protected]

Posted Anonymously
32. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Sep 3 2007, 10:03 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 3 2007, 10:03 AM EDT
just got off the phone with HTC America (think I was actuall talking to India though...:-0... anyway they told me that the 621 will not update with the recently posted WM6 because it was made for the 620... ugh!!!! No I wish i would have payed attention in computer class... Does any one out there know if this issue can be bypassed or "trick" the version check to think its upgradint the 620 and not the 621. The support tech did confirm that the software and hardware on the unlocked phone (S620 and S621) is identical. the model numbers are as follows and i quote--- S620 is European model and S621 is US models The US Models S621 are designated for T-Mobile and Rogers and lastly a SIM free Unlocked/Unbranded phone. (Like mine) Now with all that said is there some phone savy person out there that can guide us poor folks in updating our American branded left behind in the upgrade world HTC users?

thx Dennis
[email protected]

Posted Anonymously
33. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Sep 3 2007, 1:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 3 2007, 1:14 PM EDT
First you need to CID unlock your phone so it will accept the S620 update on the S621. There are online stores that does the CID unlock for around $40.00. Currently there is no known way to do this for free. Once it is CID unlocked, you can update it using the S620 update released by HTC. For more info, go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=309. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
34. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Sep 3 2007, 1:38 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 3 2007, 1:38 PM EDT
Thanks for the info. I will try it and see if it works. Crossing my fingers. BTW what is CID? My phone is unlocked is this something different than a carrier lock? Thanks again and I will post once I try the CID unlock. Dennis Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
35. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Sep 3 2007, 1:52 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 3 2007, 1:52 PM EDT
test Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
36. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Sep 3 2007, 1:58 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 3 2007, 1:58 PM EDT
Hello all. I just bought the HTC S621 unlocked and I'm using in a brazilian GSM operator with no problems. Reading all the comments above, I need a help from you: 1) where can I download the wm6 upgrade with short instructions to install? 2) will I need any special configuration to keep the device working or just install the upgrade? 3) how can I backup the current OS (wm5) so I can restore it if any problem occur during the update?

thank you very much. By the way, this is the best forum I found regarding this kind of subject. Congratulations.

Posted Anonymously
37. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Sep 3 2007, 2:03 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 3 2007, 2:03 PM EDT
Go to HTC.com and join the eclub. Then you can download the file. However if you have a S621 it wont work.... Read above..

Posted Anonymously
38. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Sep 3 2007, 2:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 3 2007, 2:25 PM EDT
"First you need to CID unlock your phone so it will accept the S620 update on the S621. There are online stores that does the CID unlock for around $40.00. Currently there is no known way to do this for free. Once it is CID unlocked, you can update it using the S620 update released by HTC. For more info, go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=309. "
Ummmmm didnt work!!!! WTH My phone is unlocked... what now?
D

Posted Anonymously
39. RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Sep 3 2007, 5:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 3 2007, 5:32 PM EDT
"I have a rogers S621, the wifi works fine if you set it up right. First thing you need to do is make sure wifi is on (on your phone) Press the silver button on the top left the phone (the on off button) this will take you to "quick list" once there go to "Comm Manager" you will see "settings" down at the bottom right of the screen. Select that then go to Wi-Fi. You should see you available Wi-Fi sights. Press "menu" down at the bottom and go to 4 "turn on Wi-Fi" (you will then see any Wi-Fi signals that are not saved) You will need to go to Wi-Fi Settings and the go through all the steps. To get Wi-Fi you need to know the passwords to encypted sights. ie your home internet. Just like a psp or wireless laptop. Make sure to turn off WI-Fi when you are done because it does a lot of the memory of your Phone. A little tip it took me a while to figure out was press start on your home screen, go to Task Manager and open it. On there you will see all open programs running. You can turn them all of to make your phone run faster, and more stable.

Good luck I love mine."
Hi,

Is there any way to send the Upgrade File to me? My mail is [email protected]

Thanks, Regards
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last