• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0

Keyword tags: None
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Previous | 1 24 5 6 | Next

Anonymous
RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Sep 3 2007, 5:46 PM EDT
Hi Im from Brazil to and I coldent download the Upgrade. the HTC site tell me that there are no upgrade aviable for my phone.

Any idea to downlod it ?

Fred

[email protected]
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 3 2007, 5:48 PM EDT
"Hi,

Is there any way to send the Upgrade File to me? My mail is [email protected]

Thanks, Regards"
For me to [email protected] Do you find this valuable?    
johnbil

johnbil
Sep 3 2007, 9:10 PM EDT
"Ummmmm didnt work!!!! WTH My phone is unlocked... what now?

D"
Same story here. Unlocked the phone with the GSM Liberty site, and tried to run the WM6 update that i downloaded from the HTC website. No dice...

What now?

Anonymous
Sep 4 2007, 12:03 AM EDT
The HTC firmware download is VERY slow.... Do you find this valuable?    
johnbil

johnbil
Sep 4 2007, 1:14 AM EDT
"The HTC firmware download is VERY slow...."
It wasn't the download that was the problem. it was the bootloader/spl thingy that needed updating. I went to the xda developer website ( http://forum.xda-developers.com ), and went to their ftp site, and downloaded the spl fix, ran it, and then ran the firmware update. Bingo. It loaded.

Then, it took a while for the phone to reboot. It was stuck on the Windows launch screen for a loooong time. after about 5-10 minutes, everything worked fine. Be patient after the firmware is loaded.

Everything is great now.
cmeilicke
cmeilicke
Sep 4 2007, 11:00 AM EDT
Does anybody downloaded the HTC WM6 update for s620/s621? i can't install it. I get an error 244, invalid model ID... some coments?
johnbil

johnbil
Sep 4 2007, 11:59 AM EDT
See my comment above. I had the same problem, and so I updated the bootloader/spl, available on the xda ftp site. Then ran WM6 update. It wouldn't work any other way... Do you find this valuable?    
andeke07

andeke07
Sep 4 2007, 6:14 PM EDT
I got off the phone the other day with HTC Tech Support to ask if all my carrier information was kept when I upgrade the phone when I was about to update my s621 with the s620 update I found on htc.com. I was informed that I should not upgrade the s621 with the WM6 update for the s620 because of different chips between the two models and whatnot. I was also told that the update would be released for the s621 sometime next week. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 4 2007, 8:06 PM EDT
r u sure thas what they said? is goin to be on sumtim nex week,..cuz i really cant wait Do you find this valuable?    
andeke07

andeke07
Sep 4 2007, 8:49 PM EDT
"r u sure thas what they said? is goin to be on sumtim nex week,..cuz i really cant wait"
well they said the second week of September. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 4 2007, 9:27 PM EDT
I just got off the phone with HTC as well and they said Rogers will be releaseing WM6 on September 11th. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 6 2007, 1:58 AM EDT
Hi.
I also would like to upgrade my S621 (Rogers) to WM6.0
Is it possible that you write ALL the steps you've taken, from initial start to the end product), and email to me please???
I can be reached at [email protected]. Many many thanks in advance. ...chenga61

Anonymous
Sep 6 2007, 10:07 PM EDT
"I just downloaded it too and I have the same error. My HTC 621 is unlocked. My seriel # loaded on the HTC site and said S620 but My phone is indeed a S621. (not sure what the diff is but... who cares) the software starts to install the ROM upgrade but stops at about 3% and an error says invalid software. Is there a way to install the software eventhough I have a 621 and not a 620? pls help... [email protected]

"
What appears to be happening is that some S621's, when registered at HTC's club website, are making available a download for S620 software. That S620 software does not load on an unlocked phone. It's my best guess that they have (had?) some kind of snafu with displaying the right software for a specific serial number. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 7 2007, 12:11 AM EDT
"What appears to be happening is that some S621's, when registered at HTC's club website, are making available a download for S620 software. That S620 software does not load on an unlocked phone. It's my best guess that they have (had?) some kind of snafu with displaying the right software for a specific serial number."
I've purchased an S621 from Suncom and I've downloaded the same files from europe and got the same answers from tech support but they said they should be releasing the update for WM6 from the america.htc.com web site in the next couple of weeks. The tech stated that last week. So keep your fingers crossed and hope it will all work regardless. Can anyone tell me how do you tell if your phone is locked for GSM or not? Do you find this valuable?    
cmeilicke
cmeilicke
Sep 11 2007, 11:53 AM EDT
Some guys are telling the package for this model is already available for download... does somebody saw anything? Do you find this valuable?    
ktec
ktec
Sep 11 2007, 8:46 PM EDT
"Some guys are telling the package for this model is already available for download... does somebody saw anything?"
wow..its now the 11th of sept..and still not a word.on the wm6 update..isnt that the intended date of release? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 11 2007, 9:57 PM EDT
"wow..its now the 11th of sept..and still not a word.on the wm6 update..isnt that the intended date of release?"
come on rogers....dont let us down Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 11 2007, 10:02 PM EDT
I registered my phone with the E-Club and it registers fine as an S621. I go to download it and it appears to be for an S620 by the file name at least. HTC_S620_WWE_1.27.405.1_4.1.13.44_02.94.90_Ship.exe is the name of the file and i get an error 244 Invalid device ID after it gets to around 3%. I called HTC and they told me by September 11th that the S621 ROM would be released but I still don't see anything. What is taking them so long? I have been waiting and waiting and I can't find anything or get anything out of HTC. My phone is unbranded and unlocked.
GrandMstrBud

GrandMstrBud
Sep 11 2007, 10:18 PM EDT
"I registered my phone with the E-Club and it registers fine as an S621. I go to download it and it appears to be for an S620 by the file name at least. HTC_S620_WWE_1.27.405.1_4.1.13.44_02.94.90_Ship.exe is the name of the file and i get an error 244 Invalid device ID after it gets to around 3%. I called HTC and they told me by September 11th that the S621 ROM would be released but I still don't see anything. What is taking them so long? I have been waiting and waiting and I can't find anything or get anything out of HTC. My phone is unbranded and unlocked.
"
Same thing here, I have been waiting for a long time and still without WM6. Do you find this valuable?    
cmeilicke
cmeilicke
Sep 12 2007, 8:41 AM EDT
nothing yet... i guess the upgrade will come from rogers Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 24 5 6 | Next
Top Contributors