• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0

Keyword tags: None
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Previous | 1 2 3 46 | Next

Anonymous
RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Sep 27 2007, 5:04 PM EDT
"Hello all. I just bought the HTC S621 unlocked and I'm using in a brazilian GSM operator with no problems. Reading all the comments above, I need a help from you: 1) where can I download the wm6 upgrade with short instructions to install? 2) will I need any special configuration to keep the device working or just install the upgrade? 3) how can I backup the current OS (wm5) so I can restore it if any problem occur during the update?

thank you very much. By the way, this is the best forum I found regarding this kind of subject. Congratulations."
Hi! I am brazilian too. Did you upgrade you HTC S621 to VM6? My email is [email protected]. Thanks. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Oct 3 2007, 12:35 PM EDT

Rogers released an upgrade for this decive to WM6 today (Oct. 3) I have completed the upgrade little difficulty (make sure you upgrade to Activesync 4.5 and backup all your files first).

Here is a link: https://www.shoprogers.com/web_auth/techsupport.asp?shopperID=0KPLSE4CS33Q8PLEH7ERHPBC5SAB4PS5&type=
Choose HTC and the HTC S621 to get to the page, the link for the ROM and an upgrade guide are on the bottom right hand side.

Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 3 2007, 5:02 PM EDT
THANX rogers.. im lovin my wm6 upgrade..took those guys 4eva.. the wait is no more.. Do you find this valuable?    
Temporallobe9
Temporallobe9
Oct 3 2007, 7:30 PM EDT
Totally rocks. I did the other update (read previous) but decided to do this one as well. There is a slight difference in small things. Like the Rogers symbols but some extra's as well. Glad I did it.
cmeilicke
cmeilicke
Oct 3 2007, 10:06 PM EDT
Does somebody knows if this update comes with a sim lock or something like that? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 8 2007, 3:57 PM EDT
I am not sure at this point, but I highly suspect Rogers will do it.
I did the HTC released update last nigh.....DOES anyone know what the real differences are?????
Anyone??..........Thanks in Advance.
...Chenga
cmeilicke
cmeilicke
Oct 8 2007, 4:35 PM EDT
I did the upgrade and now my phone is app locked (SDA app unlock does not work).
This version is faster than HTC's, and Office Mobile is included. Anyway, i want to roll back to the HTC's rom

Anonymous
Oct 10 2007, 11:28 PM EDT
"I did the upgrade and now my phone is app locked (SDA app unlock does not work).
This version is faster than HTC's, and Office Mobile is included. Anyway, i want to roll back to the HTC's rom"
FYI, my HTC version of WM6 also comes with the Office mobile, includes Mobile Word, Excel and PPT. I haven't got the time to test whether it's app lock or not. I don't find the HTC ROM is slow. As a matter of fact, I am impress the WM6 OS save lots of my battery. I have been running my S621 7/24 for 3 days now , still on ONE single charge, and I still got about 68% left. I did not have that kind of battery life when I was on WM5. I 'd have to say I have no complaints for the upgrade..... Do you have any 3rd patry apps running?? if u do, how are they running???
....Chenga
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
cmeilicke
cmeilicke
Oct 11 2007, 9:10 AM EDT
"FYI, my HTC version of WM6 also comes with the Office mobile, includes Mobile Word, Excel and PPT. I haven't got the time to test whether it's app lock or not. I don't find the HTC ROM is slow. As a matter of fact, I am impress the WM6 OS save lots of my battery. I have been running my S621 7/24 for 3 days now , still on ONE single charge, and I still got about 68% left. I did not have that kind of battery life when I was on WM5. I 'd have to say I have no complaints for the upgrade..... Do you have any 3rd patry apps running?? if u do, how are they running???
....Chenga"
What ROM Version are you using? I feel the Rogers WM6 version faster than HTC's (maybe i'm wrong), and also, exists 6 mb of difference between both roms (39 Mb Rogers against 45 Mb HTCs).
Anyway, yesterday i've app unlocked my phone and return to the Spanish HTC Rom, with office mobile 6.1.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Oct 14 2007, 11:44 AM EDT
"
Anyway, yesterday i've app unlocked my phone and return to the Spanish HTC Rom, with office mobile 6.1."
Hi, I just bought this HTC excalibur and did the HTC unofficial upgrade like this forum posted.. But I want edit documents like word and excel...
If i go to rogers upgrade and this one doesn't edit docs and sheets I would like to go back but this has Applock and SDA unlock wont work... Do you know the way back from rogers upgrade? Do you know how to get office mobile for wm6? free?
Thanks!
cmeilicke
cmeilicke
Oct 15 2007, 8:31 AM EDT
"Hi, I just bought this HTC excalibur and did the HTC unofficial upgrade like this forum posted.. But I want edit documents like word and excel...
If i go to rogers upgrade and this one doesn't edit docs and sheets I would like to go back but this has Applock and SDA unlock wont work... Do you know the way back from rogers upgrade? Do you know how to get office mobile for wm6? free?
Thanks!"
Check out this link at the forum XDA... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=333417&highlight=office_wpc_wm5.cab Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 15 2007, 9:48 PM EDT
"well, i imagine that most of you guys did upgrade to WM6 and i think that's why nobody has make a post again since, i just wanted you to know that if you go to the HTC page and sign in to the e-club you'll find out that the upgrade is not available anymore, so we will still be wainting for that upgrade if it wasn't for the procedure that takes us to the glory."
Right....when HTC posted their WM6 upgrade for the S620, it appears they accidentally made the S620 image available to those who had the S621, too. They fixed that up now, but even though Rogers has a real WM6 upgrade for the S621, there doesn't seem to the white-labeled version available, yet. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 15 2007, 11:34 PM EDT
"The Rogers HTC S621 are unlocked, at least the one I got."
The HTC S621 from Rogers is not fully unlock, It will work with both Rogers and Fido but not any other providers,

Anonymous
Oct 16 2007, 9:25 PM EDT
"The HTC S621 from Rogers is not fully unlock, It will work with both Rogers and Fido but not any other providers,

"
Yes, indeed......That's Rogers, and it's kind of expected.
If you want it unlock, you'll have to pay to have some 3rd party company to unlock it.
I have the Rogers ROM updated from HTC, but I highly suspected that's the case.........chenga

Anonymous
Oct 16 2007, 10:09 PM EDT
It's WM6.0 Standard CE OS 5.2.1238 (b17745.0.2.3).
I have the Office Mobile (includes Excel Mobile, PowerPoint mobile, and Word Mobile)
I don`t find any Speed Problem. What about you É
Which version of the ROM you have from RogersÉ
jesstrev

jesstrev
Oct 30 2007, 9:34 AM EDT
I have just upgraded to the Rogers Mobile 6. My phone now has an annoying beep whenever the screen turns off. So if I am carrying it in my pocket and a button gets hit to activate the screen then there is a beep 15 seconds later when it turns off. I cannot find a way to disable this sound. Any ideas would be appreciated. Do you find this valuable?    
lgpadilla

lgpadilla
Oct 30 2007, 2:22 PM EDT
hello to all....
i have a s621... with telcel...
first i unlocked with gsmliberty.... uhhmmm 39 dlls spended....
then i downloaded a crack that accept ANY model (it menas 621 an 620)
and then... i used the RUU for the 620 and now... i have a S621 with a Generic windows (i mean... with no logo of any carrier) and it works great....

do you want the files???? write me ([email protected])

Anonymous
Nov 6 2007, 4:09 PM EST
"Hi! I am brazilian too. Did you upgrade you HTC S621 to VM6? My email is [email protected]. Thanks."
Brazilian too....Did you get the upgrade of S621, mine is the unlocked one...
please send me a mail [email protected]

Anonymous
Nov 21 2007, 4:43 PM EST
Has anyone tried upgrading an unlocked TMobile Dash with the Rogers S621 upgrade? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 16 2008, 10:38 PM EDT
im having trouble with the mobile 6 upgrade when it try to type a text message some of the buttons do not work. the numeric ones i hae to use like a conventional phone. does anyone know how to fix this? or how can i change my phone back to 5.0? Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2 3 46 | Next
Top Contributors