• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not workingReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 24  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next

jaamra
8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
May 3 2007, 3:35 PM EDT | Post edited: May 3 2007, 3:35 PM EDT
I bought the new 8525 brand new off eBay, worked great for about 1 1/2 month and then all of a sudden its speaker went dead. The speaker at the back is not working, no sound from it for incomming calls, speaker phone is not working. The small speker at the front for phone does work for phone purpose, also the earphone is working but no sound from the back speaker. First I thought that it may be some software issue so I soft-reset it, but it didn't start working, I even did a hard-reset but that too didn't help. Since I bought off eBay and I'm not a Cingular subscriber, it has become so hard to get it repaired/replaced under warranty. Today I mailed it to HTC/Cingular repair center in Houston and I'm hopping that they will be able to fix it without costing much. I loved this phone till now but now I'm re-thinking about it stability. And why not I bought it for $400.00 and it didn't even worked for 1-2 years. Has any one faced with such problem? 6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
May 13 2007, 2:47 AM EDT | Post edited: May 13 2007, 2:47 AM EDT
"I bought the new 8525 brand new off eBay, worked great for about 1 1/2 month and then all of a sudden its speaker went dead. The speaker at the back is not working, no sound from it for incomming calls, speaker phone is not working. The small speker at the front for phone does work for phone purpose, also the earphone is working but no sound from the back speaker. First I thought that it may be some software issue so I soft-reset it, but it didn't start working, I even did a hard-reset but that too didn't help. Since I bought off eBay and I'm not a Cingular subscriber, it has become so hard to get it repaired/replaced under warranty. Today I mailed it to HTC/Cingular repair center in Houston and I'm hopping that they will be able to fix it without costing much. I loved this phone till now but now I'm re-thinking about it stability. And why not I bought it for $400.00 and it didn't even worked for 1-2 years. Has any one faced with such problem?"
hey man i have the same exact problem cept the speaker never worked, lol what were we thinking when we bought it off of ebay? this sucks man i hope it gets fixed. let me know becuase i would like to get mine fixed too 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
2. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
May 13 2007, 8:58 AM EDT | Post edited: May 13 2007, 8:58 AM EDT
I hate to give you all bad news but here it is. If you bought the device off of eBay, it is no longer under any warranty. In order for the warranty to be valid, the unit has to be purchased directly from Cingular or one of their authorized dealers and you must be the original purchaser (proof of purchase is required). The warranty card that you may not have gotten with the unit off of eBay tells you that the warranty is non-transferable. Basically, buying the device from anywhere other than Cingular or one of their dealers constitutes a resell making you the second owner. There is an upside, the unit is eligible for repair via the HTC Repair center at 1-888-354-2375 but I have no idea what the charges would be. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
Oct 17 2007, 5:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 17 2007, 5:28 PM EDT
I have the same problem, I reflashed it with the cingular rom and it worked to 2 weeks. I am going to try it again and see what happends. These phones have dropped in price due to the new release of the tilt. I am going to call the # posted above and see what the deal is. Mabe they have a patch to fix it. It is a software problem but i have yet to put my finger on it 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
4. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
Oct 17 2007, 9:57 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 17 2007, 9:57 PM EDT
I have had the same problem, The way i fixed my phone is went to cingular.com and found the right flash for the rom. This fixed the problem however the same problem happend again when i installed a few games. I removed the games and did a soft restart and i'm back in buisness. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
Oct 28 2007, 1:50 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2007, 1:50 AM EDT
please can u describe what you did after going to cingular.com? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
6. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
Nov 7 2007, 2:11 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 7 2007, 2:11 PM EST
Hi there,

I've got the same problem. I love this 8525 but now speaker is a big issue and I hate it now. I do not know where I can send it out to fix my speaker. I wonder factory manufactured 8525 but they created too much requirement for repair or exchange it. I waste $400.00 for this 8525.
Thanks
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
7. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
Nov 10 2007, 4:18 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2007, 4:18 PM EST
myspeaker have same problem can anybody help plz 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
8. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
Nov 24 2007, 2:30 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2007, 2:30 AM EST
Same situation here. I've been a loyal 8525 advocate, now It defeats it's usefulness. I'll try reflashing. If anyone has found a solution, let us all know! Do you find this valuable?    
wallacde
wallacde
9. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
Jan 19 2008, 7:25 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 19 2008, 7:25 PM EST
My 8525 has worked great for over 1 year now..... last week I flashed the new WM6 upgrade to it and I have the same problem! What a bummer! After I did the upgrade everything was working for maybe 1 and 1/2 days then the speaker died. At first I thought it was a hardware problem then it started working when I was typing a text message but it only worked for a few minutes then back to no speaker. This has happened about 6 time in the past 3 days were it starts working then quits. If anyone can help please let us all know how to fix this, I have been searching and reading for hours to find a fix. I'm sure there is one out there. maybe on the XDA Developers site but a lot of that stuff is over my head. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
10. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
Jan 30 2008, 3:57 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 30 2008, 3:57 PM EST
what was that right flash that fixed your speaker?
I just got my 8525 upgraded to rom 3.62.502.3 and still speaker does not work... appreciate your help
Do you find this valuable?    

jbrie69
11. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
Feb 22 2008, 8:16 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 22 2008, 8:16 PM EST
I just took my phone apart using You Tube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsljpn74SW0&feature=related
There is a little white connector with RED and WHITE wires located right after you remove the back cover the connector falls out when banged just snap it back in all the way.
I have been living with this problem for a while I can’t believe it was this easy
8  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
12. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
Mar 5 2008, 9:05 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2008, 9:05 PM EST
i used the video from youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsljpn74SW0&feature=related) and sure enough..there it was, the little white clip with red and black wires had come dislocated. Gental push and it snapped right back on. All good. Thanks All. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
13. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
Mar 20 2008, 12:35 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 20 2008, 12:35 PM EDT
My speaker worked fine yesterday morning but after lunch it completely stopped. I was worried and since my 2 year plan dosen't expire until late this year I would be stuck for a while. Sure enough, the speaker had come out of socket. I believe when it was on vibrate, it was on such a hard surface it shook itself out of socket. You only need a T6 screwdriver and thats it. Thank you for this post and for who ever made the youtube video, worked great! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
14. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
Mar 28 2008, 11:53 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 28 2008, 11:53 AM EDT
"My speaker worked fine yesterday morning but after lunch it completely stopped. I was worried and since my 2 year plan dosen't expire until late this year I would be stuck for a while. Sure enough, the speaker had come out of socket. I believe when it was on vibrate, it was on such a hard surface it shook itself out of socket. You only need a T6 screwdriver and thats it. Thank you for this post and for who ever made the youtube video, worked great!"
Can you believe you need to violate your warranty by dis-assembling the unit to fix their design problem. This phone is definitely not worth the money. Not sure about the tilt. The big advantage of this unit was its 3G features, but WinCE & silly things like speaker headers that come apart when the unit is on vibrate or falls make it FLAKY! Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
15. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
Mar 28 2008, 12:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 28 2008, 12:15 PM EDT
"Can you believe you need to violate your warranty by dis-assembling the unit to fix their design problem. This phone is definitely not worth the money. Not sure about the tilt. The big advantage of this unit was its 3G features, but WinCE & silly things like speaker headers that come apart when the unit is on vibrate or falls make it FLAKY!"
oh, forgot to mention buttons that only work when they feel like it. Does anybody who has this phone feel that you can reliably answer an incoming call or hang up on an established call *every time*. I find myself using the call history to call back missed calls because the answer button and the call tab on the touch screen were too clunky to work in time.

Overall, this unit feels like a computer with phone features rather than a phone with computer features. For example, why do you need to set the time (a Windows problem) rarther than have it automagically set the time from the wireless or IP networks? I want a phone first that's not locked to WinCE (Linux if I want) so I won't be getting another HTC ... I'm pretty sure of that!
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
16. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
May 16 2008, 3:41 PM EDT | Post edited: May 16 2008, 3:41 PM EDT
that is awesome. i was really getting worried i bought my phone used and i was beginning to thing i go jiped.....thanks ooooo so much Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
17. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
Jun 23 2008, 7:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 23 2008, 7:18 PM EDT
that video + the T6 thingie + this forum = me back in love with my 8525.

thanks for posting all of this people. sure enough, my little red and back plug had fallen out too and this fixed my speaker like a charm. for people that are nervous about opening the back of the phone, the speaker wire is on the first layer in, covered in the first 48 seconds of the video (the video gets more complicated than that), it's not that hard at all. remember to take out your mind-sd card and sim card before you pop off the back.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
18. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
Aug 5 2008, 7:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 5 2008, 7:32 PM EDT
Had the same problem with the speaker. Opened it up and the wire was detached. Took about 3 minutes to fix. Thanks!!!! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
19. RE: 8525 speaker (speaker-phone) not working
Aug 28 2008, 5:26 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 28 2008, 5:26 PM EDT
Yes, I am 8525 #3. The first one literally just froze up and died and the second one had no sound at all. Nothing, zip, zilch. So I am trying to set up phone #3 now and can't get the internet/email (3G) to work. Suggestions?????????????????? Do you find this valuable?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)