• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: wow I just added new rom but my encrypted filesThis is a featured thread

amccoy00

amccoy00
wow I just added new rom but my encrypted files
Jul 10 2009, 9:24 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 10 2009, 9:24 PM EDT
I can't access the files encryptedon my phone only a few bad part some are lab from school photos I really need. Word to wise becareful of encryption if you uprgrade to new rom. Anyone know a way around this encryption files are on same phone that attached the encryption?
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: encrption rom
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: wow I just added new rom but my encrypted files
Jul 21 2009, 3:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 21 2009, 3:20 PM EDT
"I can't access the files encryptedon my phone only a few bad part some are lab from school photos I really need. Word to wise becareful of encryption if you uprgrade to new rom. Anyone know a way around this encryption files are on same phone that attached the encryption?"
There is no way around it, that is the point of the encryption.
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
2. RE: wow I just added new rom but my encrypted files
Jul 21 2009, 8:35 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 21 2009, 8:35 PM EDT
"I can't access the files encryptedon my phone only a few bad part some are lab from school photos I really need. Word to wise becareful of encryption if you uprgrade to new rom. Anyone know a way around this encryption files are on same phone that attached the encryption?"
Is there any chance you have a backup of the photos on your PC? Were the photos taken with the phone or taken with another camera and synced from that camera to your PC and then to your phone? If so the photos are still on the PC. If not, the only work around is to have backed up unencrypted, flashed the new ROM and then restored from the unencrypted SD card. HTC warns about encrypting data onto your SD card for just that reason. I generally do backups unencrypted and if I need certain sensitive data encrypted, I use Spb Wallet.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)