• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC Mogul display problemThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
HTC Mogul display problem
Nov 23 2008, 8:18 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2008, 8:18 PM EST
I purchased the Sprint HTC Mogul in April. Last month, the display started to disappearing. First, the display turned blank in half an hour. Then, it turned blank in a few minutes. And finally, it turned blank completely and we couldn't see the display anymore. I can still use ACTIVESync to interface to the phone and can't see the screen. Since it is under warranty, so I sent it to their service center (the one in Hauppauge, NY). When I checked with the service center after two weeks, they said that my phone can't be fixed and they will send it back to us. Even under warranty, they are not willing to repair it or replace it. They said that I should talk with Sprint (my service provider) to see if they would repair it. I really don't believe how unreliable their phone is and the way how they honor their warranty. Questions are: 1) where can I get help to get my phone repair? 2)any place that I can file a complain?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: ROM
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: HTC Mogul display problem
Nov 25 2008, 8:08 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2008, 8:08 PM EST
"I purchased the Sprint HTC Mogul in April. Last month, the display started to disappearing. First, the display turned blank in half an hour. Then, it turned blank in a few minutes. And finally, it turned blank completely and we couldn't see the display anymore. I can still use ACTIVESync to interface to the phone and can't see the screen. Since it is under warranty, so I sent it to their service center (the one in Hauppauge, NY). When I checked with the service center after two weeks, they said that my phone can't be fixed and they will send it back to us. Even under warranty, they are not willing to repair it or replace it. They said that I should talk with Sprint (my service provider) to see if they would repair it. I really don't believe how unreliable their phone is and the way how they honor their warranty. Questions are: 1) where can I get help to get my phone repair? 2)any place that I can file a complain?"
Sprint buys their devices from a reseller and the warranty service is also provided by that reseller (UTStartcom). It also looks like Sprint needs to update their site in regards to the info they provide for devices supported by UT as they support the HTC devices for Sprint: http://support.sprint.com/doc/sp3188.xml?&docid=4666&Referring%20DocID%20List%20Index=5&navtypeid=6&pagetypeid=7&prevPageIndex=1
Anywho...
Here is where you can complain about the service you received from the Warranty Group: http://handsets-warranty.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/handsets_warranty.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php (I went through all the hoops to get here for you).
Now I know something is being left out about your device...why can it not be repaired? or is it that there is a fee and you dont wish to pay?
It doesnt make sense that they wont repair the device under the warranty UNLESS there is physical damage....
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?