• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Updated ROM - Now I Can't Restore Contacts --HELPThis is a featured thread

cowmoo32

cowmoo32
Updated ROM - Now I Can't Restore Contacts --HELP
Sep 24 2008, 8:13 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 24 2008, 8:13 PM EDT
I just did the ROM update today. I backed up my contacts, the pim.vol file, on both my storage card and computer. I can't replace the new pim with the old one from the storage card, and when I do it using my computer, it screws my phone up and cprog.exe and other vital programs won't work and I have to do a hard reset. I know I can get the old contacts back if I had the old ROM, as I've done it before. Then I can use PIMBackup to restore them on the new ROM. Does anyone know of a way to restore the contacts with the update? Or do you know where I could download the old ROM?
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
1. RE: Updated ROM - Now I Can't Restore Contacts --HELP
Dec 31 2008, 4:08 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 31 2008, 4:08 AM EST
you must use your PC to change the new pim.vol file to something like pim2.vol, then copy the old pim.vol file back to your phone and then erase the "new" pim file, then restart ur phone
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)