• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: Locked HTC Touch 6900 - Touch Screen Inop - Need my Contacts! Help!!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 post

KrewChief
Locked HTC Touch 6900 - Touch Screen Inop - Need my Contacts! Help!!
Jun 9 2009, 8:27 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 9 2009, 8:27 PM EDT
I have owned this phone for 9 months - could keep it or leave it. I got caught in the rain on Sunday while on a call. Yesterday, after hanging up a call in the middle of the afternoon, the touch screen became inoperative. You could still see all the date through the display, it's just that the screen won't respond. I was using the other buttons to scroll around to find out if i had turned off the touch screen (not even sure if you can do that), when I inadvertently locked the phone. Now the phone is waiting for me to press teh unlock icon on the screen (inoperative). After 2 trips to the US Cellular tech depts (different stores), was told to try blackberry support. Blackberry support connected me to HTC support. HTC support sent me here. I didn't know I was supposed to sync my phone to my computer (never got the CD/DVD with the phone, and since I had US Cellular My contacts backup, i thought I was ok - NOT! I installed the software (given to me tonight by a tech) and it says the phone sync'd, but I believe it was only the pictures. I can't find my contact anywhere. I can look at the phone when connected via USB and see the PIM file (that's where I was told my contacts are), and I can copy it to my hard drive on my Laptop. I need help! I have a replacement phone coming tomorrow, and if there is any way to get my contacts off of my old phone onto my new one, I'd be extremely grateful for any help! I can't be the only idiot to have ever done this! At least I hope not! Thanks in advance for any help or guidance! Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Backup PIM

Sign in to be the first to reply.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)