• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: New Fuze will not send Text MessagesThis is a featured thread

daniellm

daniellm
New Fuze will not send Text Messages
Mar 25 2009, 7:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 25 2009, 7:04 PM EDT
I bought a new Fuze two days ago, when I attempt to send a text message I get the message
"Your text message cannot be sent. Be certain that your service center address is correct in Settings and then
try sending the message again."
I took the original phone back to the store, the rep spent 35 minutes on the phone with tech support
but decided to just exchange the phone.
When I tried the new phone, it's doing the same thing.
Anyone have a clue what is happening, or where I can find the message center settings?
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Fuze Unable to send SMS
daniellm

daniellm
1. RE: New Fuze will not send Text Messages
Mar 25 2009, 7:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 25 2009, 7:21 PM EDT
I forgot to mention that I have already tried the hard reset.
browntannis
browntannis
2. RE: New Fuze will not send Text Messages
Mar 26 2009, 11:11 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 26 2009, 11:11 AM EDT
"I bought a new Fuze two days ago, when I attempt to send a text message I get the message
"Your text message cannot be sent. Be certain that your service center address is correct in Settings and then
try sending the message again."
I took the original phone back to the store, the rep spent 35 minutes on the phone with tech support
but decided to just exchange the phone.
When I tried the new phone, it's doing the same thing.
Anyone have a clue what is happening, or where I can find the message center settings?"
Did you verify with your carrier that you have SMS provisioned on your service? Have them also check your Directory Service Profile.
To access the SMS settings on the Fuze go to Phone>menu>Options>Services Tab>Highlight Voicemail and Text Messages and then tap Get Settings. This will have the device retrieve the settings from the network and show you what they are.
daniellm

daniellm
3. RE: New Fuze will not send Text Messages
Mar 26 2009, 1:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 26 2009, 1:28 PM EDT
"Did you verify with your carrier that you have SMS provisioned on your service? Have them also check your Directory Service Profile.
To access the SMS settings on the Fuze go to Phone>menu>Options>Services Tab>Highlight Voicemail and Text Messages and then tap Get Settings. This will have the device retrieve the settings from the network and show you what they are."
I tried this and received the message "Cannot read settings from the network. Try viewing settings later, or disconnect data connection and try again" I did a hard reset
then went to Settings->communications and the data connection is turned off.
I turned it on but it keeps turning itself off.
The rep yesterday verified the SMS with the carrier, I'm not sure about the directory service
profile.
daniellm

daniellm
4. RE: New Fuze will not send Text Messages
Mar 29 2009, 6:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 29 2009, 6:12 PM EDT
No matter what I do, I cannot retrieve the settings from the network for "Voicemail and Text Messages". Nothing I do helps and I'm getting tired of messing with this problem.
tsionis

tsionis
5. RE: New Fuze will not send Text Messages
Apr 12 2009, 11:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 12 2009, 11:04 PM EDT
I am having the exact same problem. I've spoken with four people at AT&T customer service, two sales people @ the store and two more people at the AT&T warrenty center.....and no one can figure out what is wrong. Two of the sales associates and myself have sent a few texts that were received. It worked yesterday when I left the at&t store and now it doesn't I've had the phone for two weeks now. they are sending me a new phone and they promise this wont be an issue on the next phone. I hope not! I had the old 8525 so I hought this phone would be great. I was so wrong. If anyone could help that would be great.
daniellm

daniellm
6. RE: New Fuze will not send Text Messages
Apr 13 2009, 12:36 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 13 2009, 12:36 AM EDT
Ironically enough, the next day after I posted that last message it magically started
working...it's as if someone with access made a change to my account. I was able
to retrieve the settings from the network and it worked from that point on.
I did do a couple of other things:
1) Hard reset and reloaded the software.
2) There was a patch listed on the web somewhere that mentioned this problem
I was going to try it but couldn't get the sync to work (still can't) since I don't
use MS office on my computer.
I can find the link if you are interested
3) Make sure you have a good connection, after playing with the phone for a while
I can tell you in noisy environments it will not connect at all. I found that if I leave
it laying on a table (not holding it) it gets better reception.
4) Also make sure the data connection is turned on (Settings, Communications)
5) The last thing that I found wrong was once I was able to retrieve the settings from
the network the text messaging phone number was wrong. There is a central
number (found on the AT&T site and it must be correct or your text will go nowhere.
(from Home)
Start
--- Phone
--- Menu
--- Options
Press Services
Highlight Voicemail and Text Messages
Press Get Settings
The number for Text messages service center should be:
+1 (312) 314-9810
I believe that is for the entire US.

Hope this helps...I feel your pain.
jcochran1977
jcochran1977
7. RE: New Fuze will not send Text Messages
Apr 14 2009, 11:21 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2009, 11:21 AM EDT
If you can find this link for this update you mentioned : "2) There was a patch listed on the web somewhere that mentioned this problem
I was going to try it but couldn't get the sync to work (still can't) since I don't
I can find the link if you are interested"

It would be very much appreciated. I have replaced my SIM card and done 2 Hard Resets but still havin issues sending SMS messages they get stuck in my Outbox and do not go anywhere at all.
Please help
daniellm

daniellm
8. RE: New Fuze will not send Text Messages
Apr 14 2009, 12:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2009, 12:40 PM EDT
"If you can find this link for this update you mentioned : "2) There was a patch listed on the web somewhere that mentioned this problem

It would be very much appreciated. I have replaced my SIM card and done 2 Hard Resets but still havin issues sending SMS messages they get stuck in my Outbox and do not go anywhere at all.
Please help"
You can check one of these sites...I'm sure it was on one. If you still can't find,
let me know and I will dig a little deeper.

http://www.fuzemobility.com/
http://www.touchxperience.com/
jcochran1977
jcochran1977
9. RE: New Fuze will not send Text Messages
Apr 14 2009, 2:16 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2009, 2:16 PM EDT
Do you know what the update was called at all. I can't find anything on it?
tsionis

tsionis
10. RE: New Fuze will not send Text Messages
Apr 14 2009, 10:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2009, 10:56 PM EDT
Thank you so much....that helped.
daniellm

daniellm
11. RE: New Fuze will not send Text Messages
Apr 15 2009, 1:36 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 15 2009, 1:36 AM EDT
It may have been this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-465774.html

I have to warn you, these guys get pretty deep.
westsidecoug

westsidecoug
12. RE: New Fuze will not send Text Messages
Apr 29 2009, 6:11 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 29 2009, 6:11 AM EDT
"If you can find this link for this update you mentioned : "2) There was a patch listed on the web somewhere that mentioned this problem

Please help"
I am having the same problem. I got the Fuze 6 days ago. The first day I tried to send a text, the message was sent to the outbox. It was about 30-45 minutes before I noticed the message went from the outbox to the sent items folder and was sent. Day 2: I was able the text out with no problems. Day 3: Same as the first. Text messages go to outbox first and are delayed for at least a half-hour. Day 4: No problems with texting. Day 5: Text message went to outbox but has been there for a day. Called AT&T. They checked to see if the text service number was correct. It was and had no further suggestions. I took it to an AT&T store and they changed the SIM card. No change with the problem. I've thought I would exchange the phone out but someone else on here said they did just that but still had problems.
In what I believe is a related problem, when I receive a text message, it either shows up on the touch-flo 3D interface or the WM 6.1 messages interface but not both at the same time which is confusing and can't believe HTC or AT&T would release the phone with this glitch. It must be a defect.
Do you have the same problem with incoming messages? Have you figured out yet how to fix the problem with outgoing text going to the outbox?

Thanks for your help.

-Steve Schumsky-
westsidecoug

westsidecoug
13. Duplicate
Apr 29 2009, 6:28 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 29 2009, 6:33 AM EDT
Duplicate
jcochran1977
jcochran1977
14. RE: New Fuze will not send Text Messages
Apr 29 2009, 7:32 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 29 2009, 7:32 AM EDT
After AT&T replaced my SIM card I did one more Hard Reset... Settings>System> Clear Storage and that seemed to work.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)