• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Changing Language (norwegian)This is a featured thread

Showing 4 posts

vyrstigor
Changing Language (norwegian)
Mar 22 2009, 7:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 22 2009, 7:15 AM EDT
Hi! Yesterday i bought my first HTC Touch Diamond P3700. I have never used any HTC cell phone. My problem. I live in Norway and this phone is in norwegian, but i want it to change to english. If I checked the ROM update, then it gives me only norwegian version. I'm thankful then somebody help me a little.

Thank You
Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
1. RE: Changing Language (norwegian)
Mar 22 2009, 7:56 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 22 2009, 7:56 AM EDT
"Hi! Yesterday i bought my first HTC Touch Diamond P3700. I have never used any HTC cell phone. My problem. I live in Norway and this phone is in norwegian, but i want it to change to english. If I checked the ROM update, then it gives me only norwegian version. I'm thankful then somebody help me a little.

Thank You"
The phone is locked to the language it came with, unless you use a 3rd party hack to cid unlock the phone and flash a new rom in a different language. Doing this of course will void any HTC or carrier warranties. Do you find this valuable?    

vyrstigor
2. RE: Changing Language (norwegian)
Mar 22 2009, 8:14 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 22 2009, 8:14 AM EDT
Thank you for answering. Can You tell me little more about it, what can i use or add any useful links.

Thank You
denco7
denco7
3. RE: Changing Language (norwegian)
Mar 22 2009, 11:18 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 22 2009, 11:20 AM EDT
"Thank you for answering. Can You tell me little more about it, what can i use or add any useful links.

Thank You"
Here is a guide for unlocking your phone, at which point you will then be able to reflash with an English rom.

http://modmydiamond.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=26
Also here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=416211
Be sure to read and heed all the warnings

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)