• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Removing TouchFlo 3D from an HTC Fuze on AT&T.This is a featured thread

roryclark

roryclark
Removing TouchFlo 3D from an HTC Fuze on AT&T.
Mar 20 2009, 9:51 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 20 2009, 9:51 AM EDT
Perhaps this is a herasy here, but there are several "quirks" to the shell that are driving me up a wall. Sure there are a number of neat features to TouchFlo, but they are not worth the level of annoyed it makes me.

Thanks!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
nvmaheshbabu
nvmaheshbabu
1. RE: Removing TouchFlo 3D from an HTC Fuze on AT&T.
Mar 20 2009, 10:20 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 20 2009, 10:20 AM EDT
"Perhaps this is a herasy here, but there are several "quirks" to the shell that are driving me up a wall. Sure there are a number of neat features to TouchFlo, but they are not worth the level of annoyed it makes me.

Thanks!"
thank u
Do you find this valuable?    
roryclark

roryclark
2. RE: Removing TouchFlo 3D from an HTC Fuze on AT&T.
Apr 17 2009, 1:17 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 17 2009, 1:17 PM EDT
So here's what I found and it was pretty easy.

Click on Start -> Settings.
This should bring you to the Settings app and drop you on the "Personal" tab.
Double tap "Today"
Select the "Items" tab.
Put a check each of the checkboxes where you want that item on your "Today" screen.
Uncheck "TouchFLO 3D"
Click OK

You're done.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sgarrela

Sgarrela
3. RE: Removing TouchFlo 3D from an HTC Fuze on AT&T.
Apr 24 2009, 3:35 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 24 2009, 3:35 PM EDT
"So here's what I found and it was pretty easy.

Click on Start -> Settings.
This should bring you to the Settings app and drop you on the "Personal" tab.
Double tap "Today"
Select the "Items" tab.
Put a check each of the checkboxes where you want that item on your "Today" screen.
Uncheck "TouchFLO 3D"
Click OK

You're done."
I didn't like the TouchFlo interface on the Fuze either. I dumped mine in the same way you describe in your post. As a subsitute interface, I installed Spb Mobile Shell 2.0 from Spb Software. You can buy Spb programs at www.handango.com. I set up my own interface using MS2.0 and it works great. MS3.0 just came out to compete with the new WM6.5 that will be arriving later this year. I installed that yesterday and I like it even better than the MS2.0. The 30 day trial is free. If you get it set up and like what you have, you can buy it. When you buy it, you get an activation code to install to make it permanent on your Fuze.
denco7
denco7
4. RE: Removing TouchFlo 3D from an HTC Fuze on AT&T.
Apr 24 2009, 10:24 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 24 2009, 10:25 PM EDT
"I didn't like the TouchFlo interface on the Fuze either. I dumped mine in the same way you describe in your post. As a subsitute interface, I installed Spb Mobile Shell 2.0 from Spb Software. You can buy Spb programs at www.handango.com. I set up my own interface using MS2.0 and it works great. MS3.0 just came out to compete with the new WM6.5 that will be arriving later this year. I installed that yesterday and I like it even better than the MS2.0. The 30 day trial is free. If you get it set up and like what you have, you can buy it. When you buy it, you get an activation code to install to make it permanent on your Fuze."
Unfortunately , the above procedure just turns off the TF3D today screen. It is still there. After loading and running Mobile Shell 3.0, you will get a big hit in performance and memory usage and battery usage. If you are into custom roms, you would be better off flashing a lite custom rom with no TF3D and then loading MS 3.0. I have been running 3.0 on my Tilt, with a lite rom and the speed, memory and battery usages went up ten fold.

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/pock...e/mobileshell/
Sgarrela

Sgarrela
5. RE: Removing TouchFlo 3D from an HTC Fuze on AT&T.
Apr 30 2009, 7:16 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 30 2009, 7:16 PM EDT
"Unfortunately , the above procedure just turns off the TF3D today screen. It is still there. After loading and running Mobile Shell 3.0, you will get a big hit in performance and memory usage and battery usage. If you are into custom roms, you would be better off flashing a lite custom rom with no TF3D and then loading MS 3.0. I have been running 3.0 on my Tilt, with a lite rom and the speed, memory and battery usages went up ten fold.

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/pock...e/mobileshell/"
Point well taken! TF3D is still on board the Fuze even if it's turned off. The Fuze has so much memory it didn't matter to me, but the extra battery drain is real.

I have been running MS3.0 on my Tilt and it works great. Of course there was no TF3D to contend with. I have noticed the battery crashes sooner with MS3.0 on board than it does without it. Is your lite custom rom an xda or did you cook your own?
denco7
denco7
6. RE: Removing TouchFlo 3D from an HTC Fuze on AT&T.
Apr 30 2009, 9:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 30 2009, 9:23 PM EDT
"Point well taken! TF3D is still on board the Fuze even if it's turned off. The Fuze has so much memory it didn't matter to me, but the extra battery drain is real.

I have been running MS3.0 on my Tilt and it works great. Of course there was no TF3D to contend with. I have noticed the battery crashes sooner with MS3.0 on board than it does without it. Is your lite custom rom an xda or did you cook your own?"
It is from XDA by a chef from Indonesia. Lite ,fast and stable. It is like MS 3.0 is built into the rom. Other people have said no, but I still see a battery drain.
sahild

sahild
7. RE: Removing TouchFlo 3D from an HTC Fuze on AT&T.
May 1 2009, 3:31 PM EDT | Post edited: May 1 2009, 3:31 PM EDT
I downloaded the Mobile Shell 3.0 trial for my Touch Pro and after a day of poor performance (taking 10 seconds or longer to load an app) I removed it. Also there were a few glitches I related to editing a single occurance of a reoccuring calendar entry and seeing event reminders.Since I'm not ready to move to a custom rom it appears I'm stuck with TF3D.
Sgarrela

Sgarrela
8. RE: Removing TouchFlo 3D from an HTC Fuze on AT&T.
May 1 2009, 3:35 PM EDT | Post edited: May 1 2009, 3:35 PM EDT
"It is from XDA by a chef from Indonesia. Lite ,fast and stable. It is like MS 3.0 is built into the rom. Other people have said no, but I still see a battery drain."
Sounds good. Can you give me the URL to find it on XDA ... I think I'll give it a try. I find MS3.0 really cool, but it is quite a battery gobbler. How does MS3.0 compare to the WM6.5 interface?
denco7
denco7
9. RE: Removing TouchFlo 3D from an HTC Fuze on AT&T.
May 1 2009, 4:12 PM EDT | Post edited: May 1 2009, 6:04 PM EDT
"Sounds good. Can you give me the URL to find it on XDA ... I think I'll give it a try. I find MS3.0 really cool, but it is quite a battery gobbler. How does MS3.0 compare to the WM6.5 interface?"
This is the one that I am currently using on my Tilt, fast and stable. I use the Full version with M2D during the week, still haven't tweaked MS 3.0 to my liking yet. On the weekend I flash the lite version to test out 3.0. On the weekend I don't care if my phone freezes or crashes while I am testing things.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=428261

Hard to tell exactly what the battery drain is, as my battery is pretty old and I don't know how much is 3.0 and how much is old battery.

6.5 Titanium/Chome interface is nice, very finger friendly and is already being tweaked and skinned like crazy. With the right tweaking and theme it is pretty enjoyable to use. But still way too many button presses to get where / what you want. Same with MS 3.0 , the wow factor buries Titanium, and the ability to customize is way better than 6.5, but still, way too many buttons to navigate. I still love the simplicity and ease of Touch Flo.

Sgarrela

Sgarrela
10. RE: Removing TouchFlo 3D from an HTC Fuze on AT&T.
May 2 2009, 9:00 PM EDT | Post edited: May 2 2009, 9:00 PM EDT
"This is the one that I am currently using on my Tilt, fast and stable. I use the Full version with M2D during the week, still haven't tweaked MS 3.0 to my liking yet. On the weekend I flash the lite version to test out 3.0. On the weekend I don't care if my phone freezes or crashes while I am testing things.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=428261

Hard to tell exactly what the battery drain is, as my battery is pretty old and I don't know how much is 3.0 and how much is old battery.

6.5 Titanium/Chome interface is nice, very finger friendly and is already being tweaked and skinned like crazy. With the right tweaking and theme it is pretty enjoyable to use. But still way too many button presses to get where / what you want. Same with MS 3.0 , the wow factor buries Titanium, and the ability to customize is way better than 6.5, but still, way too many buttons to navigate. I still love the simplicity and ease of Touch Flo.

"
I know what you mean about the battery drain. My Tilt has the original battery and it could be why I'm seeing shorter battery life per charge. I'm sure MS3.0 has a fair amount of overhead though since it's so graphics intensive. I have been customizing the interface for a week and have it pretty close to the way I like it. I put most of the widgits I use often in the "Lifestyle Home" window of the Carousel. The phone wakes up in Professional Home, then it's one flick to get to the Lifestyle Home pages then a flick left or right to get to the side Lifestyle Home pages. Those three pages hold most of the app launchers that I need. One of the nice features in 3.0 is backing up the interface settings, so you don't have to reset them by hand when you flash or hard reset.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)