• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: How to Restore deleted folderReported This is a featured thread

Showing 3 posts

raghavendra.akuthota
How to Restore deleted folder
Jan 23 2009, 1:20 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 23 2009, 1:20 AM EST
Hi All,
I have deleted one folder accidently. Can any one tell how to restore the deleted folder.
Thanks
Raghavendra
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Deleted Folder Restore
piper18
piper18
1. RE: How to Restore deleted folder
Jan 23 2009, 2:12 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 23 2009, 2:12 AM EST
Hope it wasn't important! I looked and can't find anything like a trash can like a PC would have so I would guess its gone. If its a folder vital to the phone I would think a hard reset might reload it but I'm not for sure. If it just a folder you installed, its history. Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
2. RE: How to Restore deleted folder
Jan 23 2009, 11:39 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 23 2009, 11:39 AM EST
"Hope it wasn't important! I looked and can't find anything like a trash can like a PC would have so I would guess its gone. If its a folder vital to the phone I would think a hard reset might reload it but I'm not for sure. If it just a folder you installed, its history."
Piper is right, if it is a system folder, the rom will regenerate it ( but without it's deleted contents ), if it is a storage folder, you are out of luck.

I say this , not to rub salt in the wounds, but for the benefit of others reading this, back up...................back up.........................back up............... things like this do not happen if you have a back up folder, on your storage card and on your PC.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)