• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: ALARM CLOCK ISSUESReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 13 of 13  |  Show  posts at a time
poikatiikeri
poikatiikeri
ALARM CLOCK ISSUES
Jan 13 2009, 9:48 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2009, 9:48 AM EST
my alarm clock only rigs once and is set to really small sound. Any idea how to fix that?I have the htc touch hd phone 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: ALARM CLOCK ISSUES
Jan 13 2009, 12:51 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2009, 12:51 PM EST
"my alarm clock only rigs once and is set to really small sound. Any idea how to fix that?I have the htc touch hd phone"
Its not about "fixing" it as it is doing what it is supposed to.
Since it doesn suit your need, look for a 3rd party application that may. Here is just one of the many results I got from an internet search: http://www.connectivetools.com/ctalarmclock.html
Do you find this valuable?    
poikatiikeri
poikatiikeri
2. RE: ALARM CLOCK ISSUES
Jan 14 2009, 7:08 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2009, 7:08 AM EST
I've checked the box that says it's suppose to repeat the tone. and it doesn't even play it once, only like 2 secs Do you find this valuable?    
Markrkan
Markrkan
3. RE: ALARM CLOCK ISSUES
Jan 15 2009, 10:34 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 15 2009, 10:34 PM EST
My issue was a little diferent this week... I used my Fuze as an alarm clock while traveling this week. After the alarm went off, there was no button or setting on the face that I could find to turn it off. I tried going into the alarm screen to unclick it, I looked at the top for something to stop it! I finally had to do a soft rest to stop the alarm. Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
4. RE: ALARM CLOCK ISSUES
Jan 16 2009, 10:44 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 16 2009, 10:44 AM EST
G-Alarm is a great full featured alarm app that should solve all your problems. And it is free.

http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=galarm/skins
Markrkan
Markrkan
5. RE: ALARM CLOCK ISSUES
Jan 17 2009, 12:48 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 17 2009, 12:48 PM EST
"G-Alarm is a great full featured alarm app that should solve all your problems. And it is free.

http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=galarm/skins"
While that may work... I paid ATT and HTC a lot of money for the one that came on the unit to work! Do you find this valuable?    
lourenco_htc
lourenco_htc
6. RE: ALARM CLOCK ISSUES
Jan 17 2009, 2:41 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 17 2009, 2:41 PM EST
Same problem with the alarm: I'm unable to make the alarm SOUND repeat itself, against all settings. I've already posted the issue in other forums and it's clear than our phone is a defective product. As Markrkan says, a VERY expensive defective product. I've also asked for support in www.htc.com and I suggest you do the same, for It's their responsibility to fix what they did wrong and ours to complain about what we've payed for. Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
7. RE: ALARM CLOCK ISSUES
Jan 17 2009, 5:13 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 17 2009, 5:13 PM EST
" Jousting at Windmills " gentlemen, These phones are full of compromises. One man's " why won't this phone keep repeating alerts " is another man's " why won't this phone just alert me and then shut up."

There are a lot of things on these phones that I don't like either, so through downloads and tweaks, I made it perfect for me. You buy a phone, a car , a computer because it does what you need it to do, get you to work, compute, make phone calls. If you hate the way it works for you, you adapt it to your needs or you return it.
You have options, is it about getting your phone to work the way you want it, or fighting a billion dollar corporation for all us downtrodden consumers, while you sleep through your morning meetings :)
lourenco_htc
lourenco_htc
8. RE: ALARM CLOCK ISSUES
Jan 17 2009, 8:28 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 17 2009, 8:28 PM EST
Well I'll obviously wait for htc's arguments. In the meantime, thanks for the G-Alarm suggestion, a very sophisticated (and far better) application indeed Do you find this valuable?    
Markrkan
Markrkan
9. RE: ALARM CLOCK ISSUES
Jan 17 2009, 10:24 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 17 2009, 10:24 PM EST
"" Jousting at Windmills " gentlemen, ""
It's just too funny that you wrote that today. This morning I was flippin channels and came across Peter O'Toole in Man of Lamancha doing just that!!!! Only for real! It was such a terrible movie, I watched that scene with im and James Coco and turned it off to read your response....then respond back. Too weird!

While I agree that everything cannot be perfect, I can't understand why something that worked just fine on the same OS, 6.1 and 6 on my Tilt, doesn't work with the same OS on a different hardware set. Why can't they learn not try to fix it if it ain't broke!? I guess I will try the G-alarm too... But the billion dollar corps should understand that tinkering isn't always the best thing. Some day, we may all just stop buying what they are fixin.

Now don't I feel better! :)
denco7
denco7
10. RE: ALARM CLOCK ISSUES
Jan 17 2009, 11:18 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 17 2009, 11:18 PM EST
I agree ! iphone, Windows mobile, Vista, all pieces of crap, shoved down our throats by billion dollar corps. I put my Tilt in that catagory at first , but now I have my Tilt just the way I want it( after a year )

With tweaks, a custom rom, some third party, software. I keep wanting to trade up to a Fuze or an X1, but I love my tilt screen and it runs like a Ferrari.
Markrkan
Markrkan
11. RE: ALARM CLOCK ISSUES
Jan 18 2009, 1:47 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 18 2009, 1:47 PM EST
Well here's one I did not expect... I installed G-Alarm along with a couple of games from the site and they did not load into my programs. I wonder if it has anything to do with the security proticals my company makes me accept in order to use the Exchange server with my (personal) phone. I also could no longer sync with my home computer one they were loaded... But I guess this is a new thread.. Do you find this valuable?    

KaraTouch
12. RE: ALARM CLOCK ISSUES
Jan 21 2009, 12:11 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 21 2009, 12:11 AM EST
I have the HTC Touch and I haven't had any trouble with the alarm sounds - sounds simple but have you tried going into Sounds and Notifications to choose your personalized alarm settings? I've been using mine for several months that way and it's never failed me yet. Multiple sounds too. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)