• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Bluetooth Pairing with laptop (Dell Latitude)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

shedger

shedger
Bluetooth Pairing with laptop (Dell Latitude)
Apr 23 2008, 8:38 AM EDT
Hi
Just got my touch dual, and would love to get it to pair to my dell latitude laptop but it just refuses. I can make inital connection but then it seems to drop within 5 seconds. I know the bluetooth on the laptop is fine as I can pair with a Nokia N80/6300. Any ideas as to what is going on.
Thanks
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: Bluetooth Pairing with laptop (Dell Latitude)
Apr 23 2008, 9:28 AM EDT
"Hi
Just got my touch dual, and would love to get it to pair to my dell latitude laptop but it just refuses. I can make inital connection but then it seems to drop within 5 seconds. I know the bluetooth on the laptop is fine as I can pair with a Nokia N80/6300. Any ideas as to what is going on.
Thanks"
Did you set up a Bluetooth partnership on your Dell? That's the best way to connect. Just goto the bluetooth settings on the Dell and click Add New Device. Make sure your Touch Dual is in Discover mode as well. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 23 2008, 6:20 PM EDT
Yep, I setup the pairing via bluetooth (I am running Vista 32bit) I can see the device listed but it does not connect. Even deleting the pairing it now fails to reconnect. I get to put a passkey in and then it looks good for 5secs then drops out. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 28 2008, 8:54 AM EDT
"Yep, I setup the pairing via bluetooth (I am running Vista 32bit) I can see the device listed but it does not connect. Even deleting the pairing it now fails to reconnect. I get to put a passkey in and then it looks good for 5secs then drops out."
Having the same problem running Windows XP - Ran it on a d30 and a d810 - cant connect with either. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Jun 28 2008, 12:03 PM EDT
"Yep, I setup the pairing via bluetooth (I am running Vista 32bit) I can see the device listed but it does not connect. Even deleting the pairing it now fails to reconnect. I get to put a passkey in and then it looks good for 5secs then drops out."
Check the BT Stack on your PC, you may need to download the Toshiba BT stack for it to work properly. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 3 2008, 6:31 PM EDT
I've checked with Dell. They say that the Bluetooth stack supplied with the Latitude, a Toshiba BT stack, is often not compatible with the Windows Mobile BT. In the end, it probably won't work, and there's nothing you can do to make it work. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 5 2008, 7:08 PM EDT
"I've checked with Dell. They say that the Bluetooth stack supplied with the Latitude, a Toshiba BT stack, is often not compatible with the Windows Mobile BT. In the end, it probably won't work, and there's nothing you can do to make it work."
Not true. I had Dell Lattitude and was able to use BT with my 8525 and Tilt.ry this: http://solutionbase.clientlogic.com/eSupportHTC/eSupporthtc/consumer/esupport.asp?id=GUIDadd269cb%5Feb23%5F4f9e%5F8ae6%5F9192a84a87ba&resource=&number=4&isExternal=0&searchType=normal&nShowFacts=&nShowCause=&nShowChange=&nShowAddInfo=&activepage=statement.asp&bForceMatch=&strCurrentSymptom=&searchclass=&bnewsession=false&selecttype=match Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors