• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: screen replacementThis is a featured thread

eliezerfaizal

eliezerfaizal
screen replacement
Jun 15 2008, 1:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 15 2008, 1:28 PM EDT
hello, I just bought an used htc touch, and I saw that on the middle of the screen, there were bubbles (weird red "liquid" that only visible when the screen is off), so I decided to lift the "first layer" of the screen (is it screen guard?), it was so hard to lift it, and it left something like glue, so I cleaned them up. then, the screen was near perfect, but when I used the stylus, I saw that it left scratches on the screen.
Now, my question is, can I replace the screen? if yes, does anyone know the cost? (it's still within warranty, but I think I have made the warranty void)
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: scratch screen
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: screen replacement
Jun 16 2008, 8:31 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 16 2008, 8:31 PM EDT
"hello, I just bought an used htc touch, and I saw that on the middle of the screen, there were bubbles (weird red "liquid" that only visible when the screen is off), so I decided to lift the "first layer" of the screen (is it screen guard?), it was so hard to lift it, and it left something like glue, so I cleaned them up. then, the screen was near perfect, but when I used the stylus, I saw that it left scratches on the screen.
Now, my question is, can I replace the screen? if yes, does anyone know the cost? (it's still within warranty, but I think I have made the warranty void)"
Umm, the screen protector is just a thin static cling piece of plastic and I think you actually lifted the screen as the screen protectors are easy to get off (unless the person you got it from used some kinda glue on it).
Yeah, this wouldnt be covered under the warranty since it is physical damage. You can contact HTC Repairs to see about getting the device fixed but it will be $$$.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: screen replacement
Oct 10 2008, 2:08 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 10 2008, 2:08 PM EDT
"Umm, the screen protector is just a thin static cling piece of plastic and I think you actually lifted the screen as the screen protectors are easy to get off (unless the person you got it from used some kinda glue on it).
Yeah, this wouldnt be covered under the warranty since it is physical damage. You can contact HTC Repairs to see about getting the device fixed but it will be $$$."
Where can I go to purchase a new screen for my phone? I have a lot of scratches on it & it's covered under my warranty.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
3. RE: screen replacement
Oct 23 2008, 9:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 23 2008, 9:55 PM EDT
There should be no liquid visible on the screen wheather on or off. or if you have streacks
and when you gently press the screen you can visibly see more ink or the image becomes black at spots the screen has been cracked it needsd to be changed. Browntannis when you lifted the film i think you lifted the touch sensitive part of the screen. Here is how it goes the screen is composed of two parts the touch screen wich goes afixed to the actual screen this is the part thet allows you to use a stylus on the screen. then behind that is the actual screen the lcd screen. This unlike the touch section is actually a sandwitch of two very thin pieces of glass or just multi layered single glass holding pixles in it. Iether way
if this part breaks there is usually a leakage of what apears to be ink.
I have a wing and I sat on it, cracked. sending it back is way to expensive so i will change the screen myself. you can get kits on ebay, pocketpcrepairs, or do a general search. just remember that electronics are just like your car OE is allways better but expensive. After market get the job done but might not be as good, weather color is not right or not bright enough or not colorful enough it all depends on what you want and budget. Personaly if colors arent bright enough i can deal with it especialy if i payed 50$ for the kit. Think about it and good luck. I might film the procedure while I'm doin it and post it as instructions. Thats if it's farely easy if not I'm sorry i wont I wont be held responsible for someone voiding worranty or worse breaking their HTC Wing. Adios Y Buenasuerte. Goodbye and good luck.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)