• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Need Original Signed ROM for HTC Touch On Orange UKThis is a featured thread

Leon_Phillips
Leon_Phillips
Need Original Signed ROM for HTC Touch On Orange UK
Mar 22 2008, 3:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 22 2008, 3:32 PM EDT
Hi
There are a few people who require a copy of the orginal signed Orange UK ROM in order to repair their HTC P3450's.

If anyone could be so kind as to post a copy somewhere several people would reward such an individual handsomely.

See this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=378741

Thanks in advance
Yours
Leon
12  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
1. RE: Need Original Signed ROM for HTC Touch On Orange UK
Jul 14 2008, 8:13 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 14 2008, 8:13 PM EDT
I am also looking for this UK ROM. Phone required repair recently, sent to US repair depot and they put the wrong ROM into my unit (charged me for repair fee, plus I had to pay for shipping). I now have the US ROM version, which does not respond well with my phone programs, and the layout is horrible, and complicated. I asked them to put the UK version in and they said because they don't have it, they installed the US ROM (although the letter returned to me with the repaired product indicated it was repaired to original specifications). It seems they don’t want to be proactive about installing the correct ROM (which from correspondence with the UK repair depot indicated that the UK depot would have been more than happy to send the ROM to the US depot???? I need the UK ROM that used to be on the eClub site to download. My phone is the following: Taiwan, P3450 Touch. Does anyone have a copy of it?
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: Need Original Signed ROM for HTC Touch On Orange UK
Sep 8 2008, 6:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 8 2008, 6:25 PM EDT
"I am also looking for this UK ROM. Phone required repair recently, sent to US repair depot and they put the wrong ROM into my unit (charged me for repair fee, plus I had to pay for shipping). I now have the US ROM version, which does not respond well with my phone programs, and the layout is horrible, and complicated. I asked them to put the UK version in and they said because they don't have it, they installed the US ROM (although the letter returned to me with the repaired product indicated it was repaired to original specifications). It seems they don’t want to be proactive about installing the correct ROM (which from correspondence with the UK repair depot indicated that the UK depot would have been more than happy to send the ROM to the US depot???? I need the UK ROM that used to be on the eClub site to download. My phone is the following: Taiwan, P3450 Touch. Does anyone have a copy of it?"
Hi, can you let me know all the details of the ROM informationthe repair depot put on your ELF, things like, ROM Version, IPL, SPL, etc, it may be possible to install a dumped orange ROM back onto your device.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
3. RE: Need Original Signed ROM for HTC Touch On Orange UK
Sep 9 2008, 6:48 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 9 2008, 6:48 AM EDT
i need this rom too... my HTC touch ELFin, bought on orange uk, it`s white. 256/128, operator version 23.227.1.801 , rom version 2.27.80.1 wwe , radio 03.18.90, ... !! please, help !
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
4. RE: Need Original Signed ROM for HTC Touch On Orange UK
Nov 4 2008, 8:09 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2008, 8:09 PM EST
Update: recently acquired the correct ROM from HTC Asia (1.17.707.2B). They seem to have all the required ROM's for the HTC Touch (ELF and ELFIN). After several correspondance from HTC (not many knowledgable ones in US), someone from HTC who was familiar with this finally responded and indicated that my Phone was from Vietnam and to sign up on the HTC Asia site where there is every ROM update and software required for this phone. Thanks! I now have the correct original ROM, but during install got a red, green, and blue screen several times and can't seem to void it. Periodically, I do get a white screen with the load box in top left, but the phone does not communicate with my computer at the time and therefore cannot install the rom giving me an error code "266" saying my computer is not communicating with the phone. I followed the procedures in the instructions included (i.e. dissconect phone, reset, connect, re-run setup). How do I proceed past this point?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
5. RE: Need Original Signed ROM for HTC Touch On Orange UK
Nov 5 2008, 10:53 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 5 2008, 10:53 AM EST
I was finally able to acquire the correct ROM from the HTC Asia site (you need to sign on as a member with the Asia site) for my phone. The charactersitics of this phone are the reasons I purchased it as opposed to an American version: simple to use keyboard; wifi; less errors in programs etc. The Elf ROM (RUU_Elf_DOPODASIA_WWE_1.17.707.2B_4.1.13.46_02.97.90_BLUE_Ship) and Elfin both are obtainable from this site. However, from what I understand, the only way to sign on to this site is if your phone was manufactured in Asia. Another note: during several attempts at installation, I found out that when installing my original ROM, I had to remove the upgraded 4GB storage card, and install the original OEM 1GB storage card for it to work. But things are looking good now! My next adventure will be to find out why my phone goes into "low memory" when I want to play music from the HTC player? From what I understand on Wiki, I may have to downgrade the music quality to fix this???
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
6. RE: Need Original Signed ROM for HTC Touch On Orange UK
Nov 5 2008, 10:58 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 5 2008, 10:58 AM EST
"Hi, can you let me know all the details of the ROM informationthe repair depot put on your ELF, things like, ROM Version, IPL, SPL, etc, it may be possible to install a dumped orange ROM back onto your device.
"
I was able to find the correct ROM on the HTC Asia site (RUU_Elf_DOPODASIA_WWE_1.17.707.2B_4.1.13.46_02.97.90_BLUE_Ship). Thanks though!
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
7. RE: Need Original Signed ROM for HTC Touch On Orange UK
Nov 5 2008, 11:14 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 5 2008, 11:14 AM EST
"i need this rom too... my HTC touch ELFin, bought on orange uk, it`s white. 256/128, operator version 23.227.1.801 , rom version 2.27.80.1 wwe , radio 03.18.90, ... !! please, help !"
I did see this phone ROM for the Touch Elfin (mines the ELF) on the HTC Asia site. They had different ROM's for green, white and black phones etc. Not sure why the colour makes a difference, but the ROM's were available. By accident, I first downloaded the ELFIN ROM, but ended up downloading the ELF ROM (RUU_Elf_DOPODASIA_WWE_1.17.707.2B_4.1.13.46_02.97.90_BLUE_Ship).
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)