• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: t-mobile wing (atlas), phone call hangup ignore

Keyword tags: HTC wiki msn red phone button tips
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

ddrewing

ddrewing
t-mobile wing (atlas), phone call hangup ignore
Jan 4 2008, 12:21 AM EST
My problem is that when I go to answer a call and my phone is in the case the call gets ignored because the red phone butten (they stick out) gets press when I take it out. I did some checking and found the the red phone butten act just like I have hit the ignore butten and my call goes to voice mail. I have tried locking the phone and putting the phone in stand by, but when the call comes it enables the the green/red buttens and the ignore button. Does anyone know a work around for this problem? or does HTC have a fix. It took me two weeks to figure out why all my calls go to voice mail when I try to answer my phone. I think the red phone button should not be enabled until I answer the call, this would still allow me to ignore calls with the ignore button, not as likely to get pressed pulling the phone out of it case. Hey I am open to a reg hack if there is one? Does it do any good to call htc customer support? T-mobile told me too bad that is the way the phone is designed. Then when I asked to speak to a manager, he said they would tell me the same. I told him I was done talking to him and to get the manger, he told me no I wasn't being nice and he hung up on me. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: t-mobile wing (atlas), phone call hangup ignore
Jan 21 2008, 11:44 PM EST
Hi - same problem here with the ignore button on a CDMA HTC Touch (branded an Okta Touch with Telecom NZ), but more with the softbutton hanging up calls when trying to answer them rather than the hard button.

Scenario is: (locked) phone rings in pocket...grab phone to answer...oops, call lost because I touched the silly on-screen ignore soft-button while pulling the phone out...look up who called...call them back at our expense.

Loved this phone the day I got it but am quickly learning to hate it becuase of the missed calls. Why can't they at least leave the screen locked until the call is handled by the hard buttons first?

Also had one total hang and another bug where the locked phone would never ring (until it was soft-reset but it was like that for a while before I noticed all the missed calls). Also the asterisk key seems to have a bad DTMF tone, meaning not all phone services recognise it when it is pushed in their menus. This also happened on a second Touch we tested. This phone might be OK for teenagers but businesses can't afford to miss so many calls. Pity, because it is great in most other ways...hope HTC supply a fix for this.

Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors