• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: M3100 Activesync problemThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
M3100 Activesync problem
Dec 1 2007, 1:23 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 1 2007, 1:23 PM EST
Hi I have a M3100 Orange PDA Phone which refuses to synchronise with activesync the phone connects to the computer and I can explore the M3100's files and folders. However I need the phone to sync with outlook so that I can transfer my contacts. When I connect the phone to the PC activesync on both the computer and the phone starts to connect and does so then the activesync on the computer fails and states that it could not synchronise with the device if the problem persist see try reconnecting the device. I have tried everything that I can think of but it simply doesn't work I do have another PC which has vista but when I plug in the phone I get the sound of a device being installed and the nothing. Has anyone got any Ideas?
Thanks for anyhelp.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: M3100

Anonymous
1. RE: M3100 Activesync problem
Dec 31 2007, 5:58 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 31 2007, 5:58 AM EST
Dec 31st.

I'm having the same problem as I have just upgraded to the Tytn II and want to transfer all my contacts and calendar info across. Orginally it would connect and I could see files but I couldn't back it up as it came up with an Outlook message problem saying it wasn't set as the default. I rang Orange support and after 3 hours on the phone still couldn't crack it. We managed to get rid of the Outlook message but then it wouldn't even connect and hasn't since. I came up with a slim idea that maybe I was using the wrong connecting cable and I would try it when I got home from the office. Unfotunately it didn't work and now I'm pretty sure they're identical. I haven't as yet rung Orange back due to the Christmas period and have tried a few times even bought a bluetooth dongle to try and cut out the usb connection but nothing works. I have also tried on my wifes laptop which runs Vista, still no luck. I'm going to have another go now and if not I shall be back onto Orange straight after new years day. This is a major problem for me as without my 600 plus contacts and my numerous diary inputs my new phone is pretty useless and I haven't been able to change to it yet. Bluetoothing each contact one at a time (as that is all the phone can do!) will take me forever. If I have any luck today (which I doubt!) I'll let you know.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
2. RE: M3100 Activesync problem
Dec 31 2007, 7:22 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 31 2007, 7:22 AM EST
I am in the same boat as you guys. I have just upgraded m3100 to tytnII and I am very surprised to find that I cannot now use sync with the m3100, and because I do not use activesync I am unable to pass my contacts accross. The tytn works fine, but I cannot copy the .pim, I cannot pass bulk phone to phone or copy to storage card or sync!!!!! For two very similar phones this is crazy! I am annoyed - HTC please sort this out!
Do you find this valuable?    
ukbatman

ukbatman
3. RE: M3100 Activesync problem
Jan 6 2008, 2:57 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2008, 2:57 PM EST
"Dec 31st.

I'm having the same problem as I have just upgraded to the Tytn II and want to transfer all my contacts and calendar info across. Orginally it would connect and I could see files but I couldn't back it up as it came up with an Outlook message problem saying it wasn't set as the default. I rang Orange support and after 3 hours on the phone still couldn't crack it. We managed to get rid of the Outlook message but then it wouldn't even connect and hasn't since. I came up with a slim idea that maybe I was using the wrong connecting cable and I would try it when I got home from the office. Unfotunately it didn't work and now I'm pretty sure they're identical. I haven't as yet rung Orange back due to the Christmas period and have tried a few times even bought a bluetooth dongle to try and cut out the usb connection but nothing works. I have also tried on my wifes laptop which runs Vista, still no luck. I'm going to have another go now and if not I shall be back onto Orange straight after new years day. This is a major problem for me as without my 600 plus contacts and my numerous diary inputs my new phone is pretty useless and I haven't been able to change to it yet. Bluetoothing each contact one at a time (as that is all the phone can do!) will take me forever. If I have any luck today (which I doubt!) I'll let you know."
There is an easy way to doing this,
if you configure another account on your PC, control panel User acounts....
Then log into that account, create a outlook mail folder, no need to add email accounts, just get it so it will allow you to work with activsync.
Sync your old SPV M3100 with Outlook xp to 2007.... you may get a message asking for authorisation to access outlook just say yes....
Once the sync has completed then connect the new TYTNII and hey presto everything will copy over even calendar events.
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)