• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

My partner's HTC 6800 screen died 4 days after buying it

Keyword tags: expensive defective screen HTC6800 fragile
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

marilynlake

marilynlake
My partner's HTC 6800 screen died 4 days after buying it
Nov 26 2007, 1:20 AM EST
Beware the fragile HTC 6800. My partner's screen looked like it was smashed on one side and wouldn't show any info, after only 4 days of use. Bell wants to gouge us $200 for repairs, even though my partner did nothing to traumatize the unit, ie was't dropped, squished, shot, etc. Make sure you buy this unit if you can, with a gold charge card that insures this kind of thing. Bell insists that because it "looks" like it was dropped they will charge us, without even taking the unit apart to see if the screen is defective. Love the phone, but treat it with kid gloves.
Cheers,
Marilyn
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: My partner's HTC 6800 screen died 4 days after buying it
Nov 26 2007, 2:50 AM EST
I have two major full cracks on my screen this evening after using the phone in the car with no issue. I am hoping this is not a sign of a major issue with this new model. The phone was encased, set on the kitchen table without incident. ????? I'm really at a loss; the phone is full warranty and ninety days of light use. 200. for a new screen, eh? Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
marilynlake

marilynlake
Nov 26 2007, 3:21 AM EST
"I have two major full cracks on my screen this evening after using the phone in the car with no issue. I am hoping this is not a sign of a major issue with this new model. The phone was encased, set on the kitchen table without incident. ????? I'm really at a loss; the phone is full warranty and ninety days of light use. 200. for a new screen, eh?"
Are you also with Bell? If so, start howling now. and go to a large Bell Store. I got the manager to agree to some compensation,even though I have to pay the $200 , she will deduct 20 bucks a month from my bill for 10 months, to equal it out. HTC, are you reading this? Your screens might be defective on the HTC 6800. I think HTC is a pretty cool company, maybe they can do something for us, Bell sure wont. Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 28 2007, 11:47 PM EST
I have had my Alltel HTC PPC 6800 for about 3 months now and have dropped it at least twice, once on the street while i was getting out of my truck and i have had no problems with screen so far. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 29 2007, 12:23 AM EST
I think we got a dud, but Bell is gouging us the 200 bucks anyway. It could have had some minor pressure on it when my husband had it in his jacket pocket, and it could have been bumped by the seat belt. Sounds like you have a good one. Do you find it slow and awkward to get phone numbers touch dialed, or do you just use the voice dial? Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 29 2007, 12:25 AM EST
I think we got a dud, but Bell is gouging us the 200 bucks anyway. It could have had some minor pressure on it when my husband had it in his jacket pocket, and it could have been bumped by the seat belt. Sounds like you have a good one. Do you find it slow and awkward to get phone numbers touch dialed, or do you just use the voice dial? Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
vipertech1
vipertech1
Dec 24 2007, 3:37 PM EST
Marilynlake, I'm military and I use my phone in the field & I've always been rough on phones never had a problem with my 4350. Have you registered with HTC yet?? Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Navigation
Top Contributors