• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Outlook deleted all the contacts on my HTC 6800This is a featured thread

marilynlake

marilynlake
Outlook deleted all the contacts on my HTC 6800
Nov 26 2007, 1:09 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2007, 1:09 AM EST
Does anyone know how I can back up my phone info without having Outlook delete my contacts, I lost 200 of them, and had to go back to the Bell store to have some of my contacts restored from my old phone. The Outlook contacts folder was empty, as I wanted to move my contacts from my HTC to my PC. I am considering the Sprite backup software, any feedback greatly appreciated. Cheers,
Marilyn
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Outlook deleted all the contacts on my HTC 6800
Nov 26 2007, 1:40 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2007, 1:40 PM EST
"Does anyone know how I can back up my phone info without having Outlook delete my contacts, I lost 200 of them, and had to go back to the Bell store to have some of my contacts restored from my old phone. The Outlook contacts folder was empty, as I wanted to move my contacts from my HTC to my PC. I am considering the Sprite backup software, any feedback greatly appreciated. Cheers,
Marilyn"
Do you have your sync software set to have desktop win or device? You will want to have it set to have your device win...
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: Outlook deleted all the contacts on my HTC 6800
Nov 26 2007, 2:53 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2007, 2:53 PM EST
"Do you have your sync software set to have desktop win or device? You will want to have it set to have your device win..."
There isn't a setting on my device that indicates this is possible, but thanks for asking. I did buy the sprite software, and created a backup on my pc, and miraculously Active sync was working in the background and transfered my phone contacts fo my pc as well. I copied and relabled the contacts file in Outlook, and copied the contact list into an Excel file, for good measure. Now I just wish it was possible for outlook to import calendar items only from Act! (my current contact management software) as my Act contact list is too massive for my phone.
Cheers,
Marilyn
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
RHEARHEA

RHEARHEA
3. RE: Outlook & HTC 6800
Aug 17 2008, 3:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 17 2008, 3:18 PM EDT
Speaking of outlook, I finally found an online version and downloaded it so I can get the office sync calendar to work on my alltel htc 6800. So now I'm stuck with two calendars on my phone. Does anyone know how or if I can delete the calendar that comes with/on the phone?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
4. RE: Outlook deleted all the contacts on my HTC 6800
Aug 18 2008, 3:08 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 18 2008, 3:08 AM EDT
There are the application like PIM backup available & its a open Source (Free Application). with that u can also schedule the back for your massage, contact, mail etc. Its also a very small application.

Link is:
www.dotfred.net

Ricky
HTC Touch - GSM
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
5. RE: Outlook deleted all the contacts on my HTC 6800
Sep 11 2008, 4:42 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 11 2008, 4:42 PM EDT
You might try the SPB Software House tool called SPB Backup 2.0 you can backup your contact and any phone data including reg settings and your SD card in a compressed format. This will restore even after a ROM update or on a different phone. Very cool interface and you can customize the backup to include whatever you want. Great product!
Do you find this valuable?