• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: email issuesThis is a featured thread

krouse

krouse
email issues
Jun 27 2007, 9:33 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 27 2007, 9:33 AM EDT
I have set up the 8525 to check various e-mail accounts via 'The Internet' at my pop & smtp servers. How can I instruct the 8525 to leave the e-mail ON the server so I can retrieve it on my laptop at home later?
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None
krouse

krouse
1. RE: email issues
Jun 27 2007, 10:54 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 27 2007, 10:54 AM EDT
After further experimentation, I can see that for some reason, when an e-mail comes to my 8525, it only remains in the INBOX for a few minutes, then disappears on its own, and I cannot find it on the server when I check. What is going on here? I can't find any kind of setting to adjust what the 8525 does with my emails.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
2. RE: email issues
Jul 24 2007, 6:58 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 24 2007, 6:58 PM EDT
"After further experimentation, I can see that for some reason, when an e-mail comes to my 8525, it only remains in the INBOX for a few minutes, then disappears on its own, and I cannot find it on the server when I check. What is going on here? I can't find any kind of setting to adjust what the 8525 does with my emails."
Iam having the same situation...
Freiburger
Freiburger
3. RE: email issues
Aug 18 2007, 6:33 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 18 2007, 6:33 AM EDT
I'm very new to the phone, only had it a couple of days and just now figuring out how to use it. In trying to set up my AOL e-mail, I printed out directions from AOL. In their directions they say that if you set up e-mail using POP that when the e-mail loads to the phone, it will get deleted from the e-mail server. That sounds like the problem you are having. AOL says to use IMAP instead of POP. For myself, I've got it so I can receive e-mails from AOL but can't send any out from the phone .
HarrietFly
HarrietFly
4. RE: email issues
Aug 20 2007, 4:17 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 20 2007, 4:17 PM EDT
Freiburger, hello. I am having the same issues with my 8525 and aol, actually, in my pop 3 settings too. I can get the mail but can't send it. Any help would be apperciated! I can't send mail in my POP or IMAP. I am also looking for that windows mobile 6.0 upgrade that I have been hearing about.
Freiburger
Freiburger
5. RE: email issues
Aug 21 2007, 6:38 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2007, 6:38 AM EDT
Hi, I haven't yet taken the time to figure it out. I've been planning to call AT&T technical support to see if they know. I'm interested in Windows Mobile 6. I also haven't had time to investigate that further yet either. Actually, I might just be senile, but when I first turned on the phone I could have sworn that Windows Mobile 6 was there on a menu (either the start menu or today menu) and I thought I'd come back to that later and check it out but then it was gone.
HTCdude
HTCdude
6. RE: email issues
Aug 21 2007, 8:32 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2007, 8:32 AM EDT
With regards to the AOL issues and leaving a copy od the message on the server.

AOL: Basically, aol uses the IMAP protocol so when you configure your account in the device, select IMAP for account type.

SENDING OUTGOING MAIL: For those of you who are not able to send outgoing mail, try changing your outgoing mail server in the e-mail account settings. I'm guessing most of you are using the "smtp.aol.com" server. Try using ATT's own "cwmx.com" outgoing server. Sometimes, since you are using and ATT data plan, the ATT connection can't authenticate properly on AOL's outgoing server. If you are already using cwmx.com, then try using smtp.aol.com.

DISSAPPEARING E-MAILS: If you are running WM5 on your device, the device does not delete the copy of the message off the server, end of story. The only way that it does is if you delete it from your inbox yourself and and then empty the deleted items folder.Some versions of WM6 have an option to leave a copy of the message on the server; however, there is no official WM6 update for the 8525 yet. FOR. those of you that are recieving e-mails in your inbox and then they are dissappearing minutes later there are 2 possibilities. First, mot likely you are using an e-mail client on your PC to check that same e-mail, like Outlook, outlook express, or thunderbird. You must configure your account on YOUR PC's e-mail client to leave a copy of the message on the server otherwise it will delete it which means when your device connects it will not see those e-mails.. To get you started, for outlook go to Tools > e-mail accounts > view or change > select account > change>advanced tab. Also, sometimes even though you have checked all of the above and you are still experiencing the same issue where the e-mails dissappear from you inbox. One common example is with G-mail. All you do is set you phone to get message headers only instead of full copy in settings.
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
htcman

htcman
7. RE: email issues
Sep 26 2007, 2:49 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 26 2007, 2:49 AM EDT
I sell the WM6 for htc8525, it comes in a dvd with a lot of programs for the htc8525, just for 30 dollars. look this webpage: http://www.rematazo.com/remate/36603-detalle.htm#WM6-AND-PROGRAMS-FOR-HTC8525
Hope you enjoy it.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
RSFENCE

RSFENCE
8. RE: email issues
Jun 28 2008, 3:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 28 2008, 3:48 PM EDT
ME TOO. THIS SUCKS!!