• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Repair of power connectorThis is a featured thread

iccard

iccard
Repair of power connector
May 28 2007, 3:38 PM EDT | Post edited: May 28 2007, 3:38 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me how to get repair of the powere connector on my 8125. The Cingular sales guy told me to repair is over $700, which I think is illogical.

The connector port fell into the unit. It is only 7 months old and Cingular denies a warranty because it is Physical damage. They only cover if the part stops working, not something breaking. I said if I bought a new car and the door handle fell off it is a physical break and they would fix it, I don't understand Cingulars ridiculous comment - but they hold the cards. And, I am screwed.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Repair of power connector
May 29 2007, 10:57 AM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2007, 10:57 AM EDT
Did you try calling HTC Repairs for Cingular devices? They should be able to tell you what the cost would be to get the device fixed. Their contact info is on the HTC America website under Contact Us.
Do you find this valuable?    
iccard

iccard
2. RE: Repair of power connector
May 29 2007, 11:24 AM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2007, 11:24 AM EDT
Will try them, thanks

Anonymous
3. RE: Repair of power connector
Aug 11 2007, 6:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 11 2007, 6:02 PM EDT
my p4300 power connector just broke also how much did it end up costing you ? if it was 700 dollars i am also screwed.

Anonymous
4. RE: Repair of power connector
Nov 4 2007, 2:50 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2007, 2:50 PM EST
Hey I have the very same problem!! So I called At&T and gave them hell! I asked for a supervisor and a manager everybody!!! and guess wot? they changed it! after good 2 hrs. of talking to them (I swear!) they told me it was a defect they knew about and send me a replacement, under the condition that it was for sure not broken, right? so after a couple of days exchanged and all they send me a bill from the repairs depart. and the old phone telling me that to they point of view it was broken, so I had to pay the bill!!! So I called back and gave them hell again, after that they said, you know wot? no problem!! so now I have a broken phone and a new one! thanks to them and no bill!!! try it it works just a little patience....