• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: MiniSD card not recognizedThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
MiniSD card not recognized
May 2 2007, 11:53 AM EDT | Post edited: May 2 2007, 11:53 AM EDT
I've had my 2125 for about 10 months, and I finally got around to getting a miniSD card. Kingston 1Gb. I put it in the phone, but the phone still thinks it doesn't have enough memory. When I try to "sync" music from my PC to the phone using MediaPlayer, it tells me not enough memory. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gregg
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None

Anonymous
1. RE: MiniSD card not recognized
May 15 2007, 4:06 AM EDT | Post edited: May 15 2007, 4:06 AM EDT
Im having the same problem!
boireaul
boireaul
2. RE: MiniSD card not recognized
Jan 8 2009, 8:12 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 8 2009, 8:12 AM EST
"I've had my 2125 for about 10 months, and I finally got around to getting a miniSD card. Kingston 1Gb. I put it in the phone, but the phone still thinks it doesn't have enough memory. When I try to "sync" music from my PC to the phone using MediaPlayer, it tells me not enough memory. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gregg"
From my knowledge.
Like the mail, this is only managed through the PC Windows Media Player ...
Only there you can say what do you want to synchronize, phone or card, but the way it works remains unclear for me.
Notice that music located out of the Windows 'My Music' folder generates some troubles ...
Vinj
Vinj
3. RE: MiniSD card not recognized
Jan 9 2009, 12:13 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2009, 12:13 AM EST
"I've had my 2125 for about 10 months, and I finally got around to getting a miniSD card. Kingston 1Gb. I put it in the phone, but the phone still thinks it doesn't have enough memory. When I try to "sync" music from my PC to the phone using MediaPlayer, it tells me not enough memory. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gregg"
Please try to browse your phone and go to Storage Card and see if you can access it, if you can then its not your phone nor your memory card, its prolly something else.
kungfubass1961
kungfubass1961
4. RE: MiniSD card not recognized
Jan 9 2009, 1:16 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2009, 1:16 PM EST
sandesk is a good mobile mini sd card never liked kingston did the same to me. but yes try what vini said that would work.
just want to add just read a post that it may be your phone so i would take the phone back to the store and have it checked. go google your phone on that topic you well find more info. good luck
Vinj
Vinj
5. RE: MiniSD card not recognized
Jan 10 2009, 4:02 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2009, 4:02 AM EST

Thanks,
Gregg"
Also please tell us more about the problem. What memory error you are geting? It seems like its a storage shortage problem and not "memory" problem. How about copying the music to your Kingston manually? Like I've said browse the storage card from your PC after you connect your phone instead of syncing it with media player
boireaul
boireaul
6. RE: MiniSD card not recognized
Jan 14 2009, 10:10 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2009, 10:10 AM EST

Thanks,

Gregg"
When a SD card crash into the mobile, it usually generates many abnormal files with stange caracters that you can't delete.
These files are often big so your system warns that it has not enough memory until it can't access the card anymore.
It just happened again to me. I have fixed it by right clicking on the SD card (USB plugged) from my PC and launching a full format.
Hope it will help you.