• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: PuTTY versionsThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
PuTTY versions
Apr 11 2007, 1:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 11 2007, 1:04 PM EDT
Has anyone had any better success than me with PocketPuTTY? The first version 0.1 worked for me, but I didn't see any way to connect to a non-standard port (anything other than 22, which I do need). The next version "PocketPuTTY 2006-05-04 dev snapshot for WM2003 (latest, highly experimental)" didn't seem to work at all. The latest version dated "PocketPuTTY 2007-02-28 dev build for WM2003 (release)" brings up a "PuTTY Configuration" window where I see it ask for the host name and port #, but the only thing I've managed to do (by pressing right a couple of times) is to highlight the Session tab, and then after that the only thing I could do is to move left and right among the tab list, seeing the different tabs. I saw no way to fill in the information on the tab, nor to attempt to connect, nor to exit the program. (Annoyingly, when I press Home and background this version of PuTTY, I'm not sure how to manually call it up. Worse, though, is that it will occasionally foreground itself.) Anyone know some secret way to interact with these dialog boxes, or any other freeware solution to connect to a different port than 22 using a Dash?
8  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None

Anonymous
1. RE: PuTTY versions
Feb 13 2008, 9:01 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 13 2008, 9:01 AM EST
I have the sam problem on my htc s730, cant specify / configure the connections. all i can do is tab the menus, but i cant enter the menus to configure.....
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: PuTTY versions
Jan 4 2009, 5:09 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 4 2009, 5:09 PM EST
Any solutions until now for this faults?
Do you find this valuable?