• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC TouchThis is a featured thread

bigrick1

bigrick1
HTC Touch
Mar 4 2009, 12:06 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 4 2009, 12:06 PM EST
I contacted HTC about upgrading ROM. They could not find one based on my serial #. My phone was from the middle east. I need to upgrade to WM 6.1. Does anyone have any ideas out there about this.

Thanks,
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
denco7
denco7
1. RE: HTC Touch
Mar 4 2009, 1:28 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 4 2009, 1:29 PM EST
"I contacted HTC about upgrading ROM. They could not find one based on my serial #. My phone was from the middle east. I need to upgrade to WM 6.1. Does anyone have any ideas out there about this.

Thanks,"
If your phone does not have an official upgrade available, the only way to upgrade it is to unlock your phone with a 3rd party hack. You then will be able to upgrade to any HTC rom or custom rom you want. This however is not approved by HTC and will void any warranty you have on your phone.
bigrick1

bigrick1
2. RE: HTC Touch
Mar 4 2009, 2:26 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 4 2009, 2:26 PM EST
"If your phone does not have an official upgrade available, the only way to upgrade it is to unlock your phone with a 3rd party hack. You then will be able to upgrade to any HTC rom or custom rom you want. This however is not approved by HTC and will void any warranty you have on your phone."
Hi Denco,

Thanks for your reply. My phone is out of warranty and was bought unlocked. The question is what ROM do I use and where do I get it. Can you recommend one?