• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: I have an HTC Touch Pro with Sprint how to setup phone as modemThis is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 11 of 11  |  Show  posts at a time
cella2222
cella2222
I have an HTC Touch Pro with Sprint how to setup phone as modem
Jan 20 2009, 9:14 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 20 2009, 9:14 PM EST
I want to know if anyone knows how to hack into the HTC Touch Pro and setup the phone as a modem so I can connect it to my laptop so I can share the internet connection. I googled the information but it doesn't tell you step by step on how to hack into the phone and setup it up. If anyone knows how to do so PLEASE Help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: I have an HTC Touch Pro with Sprint how to setup phone as modem
Jan 21 2009, 3:17 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 21 2009, 3:17 PM EST
"I want to know if anyone knows how to hack into the HTC Touch Pro and setup the phone as a modem so I can connect it to my laptop so I can share the internet connection. I googled the information but it doesn't tell you step by step on how to hack into the phone and setup it up. If anyone knows how to do so PLEASE Help me out I would greatly appreciate it. "
This topic has already been covered here: http://htcwiki.com/thread/1116240/Phone+%2F+Modem Do you find this valuable?    
cella2222
cella2222
2. RE: I have an HTC Touch Pro with Sprint how to setup phone as modem
Jan 24 2009, 11:26 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 11:26 AM EST
I still don't know how to hack into the phone to setup the phone as a modem. I tried all the things you suggested but it still hasn't worked. So it there any other way that I can do this??? Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
3. RE: I have an HTC Touch Pro with Sprint how to setup phone as modem
Jan 24 2009, 1:22 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 1:22 PM EST
"I still don't know how to hack into the phone to setup the phone as a modem. I tried all the things you suggested but it still hasn't worked. So it there any other way that I can do this???"
Here are several solutions to consider, that others are adopting. Hope one of them helps.

http://www.wmwifirouter.com/
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=466812
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=456194&highlight=Internet+sharing
Do you find this valuable?    
cella2222
cella2222
4. RE: I have an HTC Touch Pro with Sprint how to setup phone as modem
Jan 24 2009, 2:17 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 2:17 PM EST
Do I do this on the my phone or on the laptop? I don't know where to start... Do you find this valuable?    
Purplicity
Purplicity
5. RE: I have an HTC Touch Pro with Sprint how to setup phone as modem
Jan 24 2009, 2:22 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 2:22 PM EST
U just go2start>programs>inernet sharing choose the pc connection "bleutooth or usb" preferrably usb for simplicity then choose ur gprs connection but u must have a valid gprs connection Do you find this valuable?    
Purplicity
Purplicity
6. RE: I have an HTC Touch Pro with Sprint how to setup phone as modem
Jan 24 2009, 2:24 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 2:24 PM EST
"That's on ur phone ofcourse"
U just go2start>programs>inernet sharing choose the pc connection "bleutooth or usb" preferrably usb for simplicity then choose ur gprs connection but u must have a valid gprs connection Do you find this valuable?    
cella2222
cella2222
7. RE: I have an HTC Touch Pro with Sprint how to setup phone as modem
Jan 24 2009, 2:36 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 2:36 PM EST
I looked at the info you gave me but I stil don't understand how to set it all up it says that I need to but in this code but how do I get there to delete the program??? Do you find this valuable?    
Purplicity
Purplicity
8. RE: I have an HTC Touch Pro with Sprint how to setup phone as modem
Jan 24 2009, 6:25 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 6:25 PM EST
which program??why u want to delete it??
all what u need to do..is to make sure you can connect successfully to your GPRS connection (if u want to set it up, go to start>settings>connections tab>connection setup& choose ur country& ur network operator" then it'll setup automatically& ask u to restart ur touch pro..after restarting try to open internet explorer and go to any website to check that ur GPRS connection is working..if it is..then just connect your device to the pc using the usb cable that came with the device, go to start>programs>internet sharing& choose "PC connection USB" & choose internet connection "Probably you'll find your network operator's name there already" & that's it..open your internet explorer on the PC& it should work fine..
cella2222
cella2222
9. RE: I have an HTC Touch Pro with Sprint how to setup phone as modem
Jan 24 2009, 10:10 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 10:10 PM EST
I don't think you are understanding my issue that I am having with my cell phone. I want to setup my cell phone as a modem with having to pay for another application through sprint to setup my cell phone as a modem. Everyone keeps giving me this helpful hints on how to do these things but not giving me step by step direction to try and step it up on my own. I tried going to the shared internet icon under programs and connect the usb to my laptop and to the phone and try to connect them but the error 67 message keeps popping up. I don't know what else to do or how to get it to work with all the info everyone is giving me but I need some step by step direction with all the internet sites different people are suggesting I do. But I don't know what to look for or even what to download and finish the steps. So I need someone to make it plain to me so I can try it if not I'll just give up on this and just try something else.

Bohanna
10. RE: I have an HTC Touch Pro with Sprint how to setup phone as modem
Jan 28 2009, 9:03 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 28 2009, 9:03 AM EST
Yo I tried the PDAnet program. worth everyfreaking penny Makes it easy to theather the phone ,,, Now I am looking for a way to hook and external antenna to it so I get a better sighal
I am visting the clearwater FL area and as Long as I get a good signal( High Bars on Phone)
this little sucker screams! I am getting streaming video on my laptop Via the Phone Life is sweet best of luck
Bohanna

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)