• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Extended Battery for Touch ProThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
Extended Battery for Touch Pro
Jan 1 2009, 8:40 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2009, 8:40 PM EST
What is the item#? The site is really difficult to navigate. Its best to always provide the item# on when posting products.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
1. RE: Extended Battery for Touch Pro
Jan 1 2009, 11:12 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2009, 11:12 PM EST
how much does it cost??
dwalk722
dwalk722
2. RE: Extended Battery for Touch Pro
Jan 4 2009, 3:38 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 4 2009, 3:38 PM EST
Item # - BTE6850SPB
Item Desc. - Extended battery and cover for silver
Price - $57.99

denco7
denco7
3. RE: Extended Battery for Touch Pro
Jan 4 2009, 5:12 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 4 2009, 5:12 PM EST
"Item # - BTE6850SPB
Item Desc. - Extended battery and cover for silver
Price - $57.99

"
Just remember that the extended battery is bigger than the OEM, that is why they include a new cover. If you think that your Touch Pro is bulky already, this makes it bigger.
dwalk722
dwalk722
4. RE: Extended Battery for Touch Pro
Jan 5 2009, 6:24 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 5 2009, 6:24 PM EST
it does indeed make the phone a litter bigger, but not having to carry around the car charger 24/7 is soooo worth it
fsuchristy

fsuchristy
5. RE: Extended Battery for Touch Pro
Jan 7 2009, 3:53 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 7 2009, 3:53 PM EST
What's the battery's capacity (mAh)? I called to order one and the rep could only tell me it was "extended". There are "extended" batteries on the market now that only provide 1500mAh, which doesn't offer much considering the standard is 1340mAh. I travel for business and am on my cell for conference calls and emails constantly. I'm constantly on look out for an electrical outlet b/c my battery is usually dead by 11am! Thanks for sharing!
dwalk722
dwalk722
6. RE: Extended Battery for Touch Pro
Jan 8 2009, 10:03 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 8 2009, 10:03 PM EST
"What's the battery's capacity (mAh)? I called to order one and the rep could only tell me it was "extended". There are "extended" batteries on the market now that only provide 1500mAh, which doesn't offer much considering the standard is 1340mAh. I travel for business and am on my cell for conference calls and emails constantly. I'm constantly on look out for an electrical outlet b/c my battery is usually dead by 11am! Thanks for sharing! "
I'm not sure of the battery capacity, sorry. I looked on the shipping invoice and also called, but nothing. All I can tell you is that I use my phone constantly (especially for work). I start work at 7am, and by 10 am one battery bar is usually missing, by 4pm typically the phone is ready to die. Now with this extended battery, my battery meter doesn't even budge until later afternoon, honestly... I know this isn't any technical info, but hopefully this somewhat helps.
sconnelly
sconnelly
7. RE: Extended Battery for Touch Pro
Jan 8 2009, 10:30 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 8 2009, 10:30 PM EST
"I'm not sure of the battery capacity, sorry. I looked on the shipping invoice and also called, but nothing. All I can tell you is that I use my phone constantly (especially for work). I start work at 7am, and by 10 am one battery bar is usually missing, by 4pm typically the phone is ready to die. Now with this extended battery, my battery meter doesn't even budge until later afternoon, honestly... I know this isn't any technical info, but hopefully this somewhat helps. "
Speaking of batteries... Can anyone recommend a good source for the non-extended battery in Canada. I do not want a cheap knock-off battery. Thank you.

I found the following: http://www.batterybuyer.ca - http://www.ca-battery.com but their batteries are so inexpensive, I suspect they are cheap knockoffs.
dwalk722
dwalk722
8. RE: Extended Battery for Touch Pro
Jan 11 2009, 2:34 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2009, 2:34 PM EST
Call HTC and ask to be transfered to their accessory department, or go to pcdphones.com
fishward

fishward
9. RE: Extended Battery for Touch Pro
Jan 23 2009, 3:29 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 23 2009, 3:29 PM EST
BE WARNED DOES NOT WORK WITH SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO ONLY WORKS WITH GSM PHONE
fuzzynco

fuzzynco
10. RE: Extended Battery for Touch Pro
Jan 23 2009, 10:45 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 23 2009, 10:45 PM EST
http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BACY20HTCH2%2DBK
is a 2000mAh extended from Seidio online. $59.95 Comes with black rubberized extended
back. I have an Alltel Raphael 800 (Touch Pro) myself, this is listed as being for Sprint's
version but it works fine with Alltel's version.