• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC 6800 Running slowThis is a featured thread

pelldom
pelldom
HTC 6800 Running slow
Dec 9 2008, 7:17 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 9 2008, 7:17 PM EST
I recently installed SPB Today to to my device and it seems to have caused it to slow down dramatically. Anyone know if this program is a memory hog or if there is anything I can do to speed things up?

I have a 4 Gig SDmicro installed and as much as possible, only install software to the card rather than the onboard memory.
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: 6800 running slow SPB Today
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: HTC 6800 Running slow
Dec 10 2008, 12:35 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 10 2008, 12:35 PM EST
"I recently installed SPB Today to to my device and it seems to have caused it to slow down dramatically. Anyone know if this program is a memory hog or if there is anything I can do to speed things up?

I have a 4 Gig SDmicro installed and as much as possible, only install software to the card rather than the onboard memory."
You can see hoow much free memory you have under Settings>System Tab>Memory. You can then also use the "Find large files using storage memory" to see which ones are being the hogs.
Another thing you can do to free up memory is to clear the history and temp files in your browser by going to Start>Internet Explorer>Menu>Tools>Options>Memory Tab.
Also make sure that you have the pictures you take with the camera auto-saved to the SD Card.
denco7
denco7
2. RE: HTC 6800 Running slow
Dec 10 2008, 12:43 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 10 2008, 12:43 PM EST
"I recently installed SPB Today to to my device and it seems to have caused it to slow down dramatically. Anyone know if this program is a memory hog or if there is anything I can do to speed things up?

I have a 4 Gig SDmicro installed and as much as possible, only install software to the card rather than the onboard memory."
Haven't used SPB in a while but as I remember it does slow your phone a lot. But would you rather have a slow flashy car, or really fast rusty looking one.

Follow browntannis' suggestions and you will see a speed increase.
pelldom
pelldom
3. RE: HTC 6800 Running slow
Dec 10 2008, 3:48 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 10 2008, 3:48 PM EST
Excellent, thanks guys!

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)