• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: 3G Connection ProblemThis is a featured thread

woody78

woody78
3G Connection Problem
Oct 24 2008, 9:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 24 2008, 9:48 PM EDT
Hello, I just got my Touch Cruise and then used it with AT&T prepaid service. When I got prepaid service, there was "3G" beside antenna, but it is "H" now. Also, I got this message, "There are no data session active. Programs connect automatically as needed, To change connection settings, tap setting." I asked ATT, but they couldn't help me. Please, check this problem and give me answer. Anybody knows solution to solve this problem?
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None

Anonymous
1. RE: 3G Connection Problem
Oct 28 2008, 12:25 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2008, 12:25 AM EDT
I've had the same problem with my htc Touch. I've written several times to htc, each time I get an automated response but no on ever gets back to me. I've also written to ATT, they did get back to me but said the problem as complicated and I should call them; I did. The info they gave me on the phone was basically the same setup info you can get from their web site. The problem is they use a proxy server and all the setup info is in a file that comes on ATT phones but they don't think it can be e-mailed or downloaded. They think htc should be able to send it since they program their phones, but again, they aren't replying to any e-mails.

You can use the slower connection though... go to the ATT web site, log-in and get setup info for the Cingular 3125.
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
2. RE: 3G Connection Problem
Oct 28 2008, 3:58 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2008, 3:58 PM EDT
"I've had the same problem with my htc Touch. I've written several times to htc, each time I get an automated response but no on ever gets back to me. I've also written to ATT, they did get back to me but said the problem as complicated and I should call them; I did. The info they gave me on the phone was basically the same setup info you can get from their web site. The problem is they use a proxy server and all the setup info is in a file that comes on ATT phones but they don't think it can be e-mailed or downloaded. They think htc should be able to send it since they program their phones, but again, they aren't replying to any e-mails.

You can use the slower connection though... go to the ATT web site, log-in and get setup info for the Cingular 3125."
HTC cant send you a file containing settings for one of their carriers, that violates an agreement they have with all of the carriers that they make devices for.
The icons for the devices differ a bit but... H is for the HSDPA Network and on many devices has been replaced by 3G (which means the same thing).
What exactly is tyh e problem? You gave an error message but didnt indicate what you were trying to do when you got it.
I have quite a few HTC devices (Touch Pro, Touch, Touch Dual, TyTN II, etc.) that I have configured to work with my AT&T SIM so perhaps I can help.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?